The Monroe County Airport Authority has issued an RFP for a media buying company.
The Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC)
In 2016 enplanements were 1,197,742 and deplanements were 1,194,396 serving a total of 2,392,138 passengers.
The majority of passengers are business travelers. Major businesses located in Rochester include University of Rochester/Strong Health, Eastman Kodak, Xerox Corp., Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., Bausch & Lomb, Via Health and Paychex, Inc. Rochester is a nationally recognized center of higher education and research which includes the University of Rochester and Rochester Institute of Technology.
Six airlines currently lease ticket counters and gates in the Terminal under a residual Signatory Agreement: Southwest Airlines, JetBlue Airways Corporation, Delta Air Lines, Inc., United, American and Air Canada. Other airlines serving ROC as affiliate carriers for the above tenants include Allegiant, Air Wisconsin, Air Georgian Limited, CommutAir, Compass, Envoy Air, Endeavor Air, Express Jet Airlines, Kalitta Air, Mesa Airlines, Piedmont Airlines, Inc., PSA Airlines, Republic Airlines, Inc., Shuttle America, Skywest, Trans States Airlines, LLC.
Scope of Services
The media buying services are necessary to implement the Airport’s planned marketing initiatives which are focused on passenger/revenue development, with goals of increasing air service, increasing passenger retention, improving the airport’s image, and improving the customer experience. The chosen agency will be responsible for:
- Responsible for media planning and buying, including demographic research, targeting media to reach specified audiences so that the most effective means of communication are utilized.
- Must be able to present proposed schedules for media buys based on current ratings or circulation information, within required time requested to do so. These schedules should include an analysis showing why the specified media was chosen, the projected reach, frequency and estimated cost.
- Negotiate added value when possible. This may take the form of bonus air time, program or event sponsorships and other appropriate opportunities.
- Electronic distribution of ads to the designated stations and/or publications.
- Keep track of accounts and keep buys within budget limitations.
- Responsible for responding to all vendor/advertiser calls, evaluating advertising opportunities and presenting them to the Airport.
- Research and evaluate a variety of advertising opportunities (sponsorships, trade shows, etc.)
- Submit invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure that media buys are placed as scheduled and in the form submitted.
Proposal due by April 7th, 2017
MAPCO Auto Parks- Agent Monroe County Airport Authority
488 White Spruce Blvd.
Rochester, New York 14623
Top Public Relations News:
Ukraine Revokes Freedom of the Press for Americans?
Captivating Email From Jason Binn: Meet The New Renée Zellweger
Iowa Governor’s Traffic Safety Bureau (GTSB) Issues RFP For Mass Media Services
North Star Fund Issues Public Relations RFP
UNDP Turkey Issues Communications RFP
Phenix Salon Suites Is Seeking a PR Agency
Crestwood Issues Website RFP
New Mexico Seeking a PR Firm of Record to Attract More Tourists
International Public Relations Conference in Abu Dhabi
How Agencies Can Safeguard Against Client In-Housing