MSU is seeking proposals that provide MSU Athletics a comprehensive and exciting program with national marketing, creative opportunities at all levels of marketing rights and sponsorship in a variety of NCAA athletic programs, sponsored by the University. Partnering and representing the best interest of MSU and providing the most competitive compensation package to MSU Athletics for the rights to market its sports programs through advertising sales and affiliate network – both radio and television – relationships.
Table of Contents - Everything PR News
Morehead State University believes intercollegiate athletics is an integral part of the University. Broad-based intercollegiate athletic programs encourage student participation and involvement in the total life of the University. In addition, intercollegiate athletic programs play a positive role by supporting the academic and public service mission of the University. The University’s Athletics Department represents a tremendous source of pride and accomplishment for the University and the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Morehead State University is proud to compete in the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC) and Pioneer Football League (PFL). MSU offers 16 intercollegiate athletic programs granting athletic opportunity to nearly 350 men and women annually. Performing at Morehead State football and basketball games are the most decorated cheer squads in the nation. MSU cheerleading squads have won an unprecedented 43 UCA titles. The co-ed cheer squad won 24 national championships. Morehead State University athletic teams have produced:
- Numerous All-Americans and Academic All-Americans;
- Over 35 OVC Team Championships;
- Four PFL division championships;
- 35 OVC Players of the Year;
- Six OVC Institutional Academic Achievement Awards;
- Two Olympic medalists.
Morehead State athletic programs compete in several on-campus athletic venues.
- Jayne Stadium is home to MSU’s football and soccer teams with a seating capacity of 10,000. Besides varsity athletic events, campus organization and community events are held in Jayne Stadium almost year round, including the annual Blue and Gold Band Festival, high school and middle school football games, and multiple sport camps.
- The Academic-Athletic Center is home to the MSU men’s and women’s basketball teams with a seating capacity of 6,500. In addition to Eagle home games, numerous community and campus events are held in the AAC, including graduations, high school regional basketball tournaments, fairs, concerts and sport camps. The building is used almost daily by community members as an indoor walking/jogging facility.
- Wetherby Gymnasium is the home to the MSU volleyball team with a seating capacity of 5,000. This facility is also host to numerous campus and community events throughout the year, including intramural competitions, concerts, and fairs.
Sonny Allen Field is the home to the MSU baseball team with a seating capacity of 1,200.
Morehead State University (MSU) is a comprehensive public university with robust undergraduate and graduate programs, emerging doctoral programs, and an emphasis on regional engagement. MSU aspires to be the best public regional university in the South through a commitment to academic excellence, student success, building productive partnerships, improving infrastructure, enhancing resources, and improving enrollment and retention.
MSU is located in the foothills of the Daniel Boone National Forest in Rowan County, Kentucky. Founded in 1887 as Morehead Normal School, it was a private, church-supported institution known as “a light to the mountains.” In 1926, it became part of the state-supported system and was renamed Morehead State Normal School and Teacher’s College. An increase in enrollment and degree programs resulted in successive renaming as Morehead State College (1948) and its current designation as Morehead State University (1966). The mission statement/purpose of MSU is as follows:
As a community of lifelong learners, we will:
- Educate students for success in a global environment;
- Engage in scholarship;
- Promote diversity of people and ideas;
- Foster innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking; and
- Serve our communities to improve the quality of life.
Scope of Work:
The services that are expected to be provided under this agreement are as follows:
- Generate new sales and work on the cultivation of current sponsors.
- Provide individual(s) whose sole responsibility is corporate sponsorship sales for MSU.
- Offeror must adhere to all applicable MSU and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Offeror must adhere to all branding and style rules and regulations in sponsorship sales.
- Offeror shall not own the rights and inventory of MSU Athletics corporate sponsorships, but only the right to sell said inventory.
- Ticketing initiative for corporate sales as needed.
- Other marketing and sponsor initiatives as necessary.
The following items are expected to be provided as noted below:
- MSU must approve all sponsorship agreements prior to implementation of said agreement.
- All inventory and sponsorship pricing must be approved by MSU in advance of solicitation.
- A quarterly progress report must be submitted to Athletics Director or designee along with scheduled progress meetings.
Morehead State University
Office of Procurement Services
200 American Legion Way
Morehead, KY 40351