Parker Colorado Issues Marketing and Public Relations RFP
The Town of Parker, Colorado is seeking a marketing and public relations agency.
Scope of Work:
The successful Consultant will be required to provide the following services upon award of an Agreement.
- Kick-off meeting with project team to determine goals and action steps.
- A detailed timeline for completion of goals.
- Host regular project team meetings at least once per month in person and/or by conference call.
- Recommended plan for contract implementation, including budget.
- Final native files for all marketing pieces recommended through the marketing plan will be provided to the Town of Parker.
External Target Audiences: External efforts will focus on building awareness of Parker to prospective out of town visitors; primarily families with children at home who live in the south metro Denver communities, including Aurora, Castle Pines, Castle Rock, Centennial, Elizabeth, Franktown, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Littleton and Lone Tree.
Internal Target Audiences: Internal efforts will focus on reinforcing positive attitudes about Parker among current residents and businesses in order to promote retention and advocacy. Past internal efforts have focused on existing Parker residents and businesses through special promotions, contests and engagement strategies.
Town of Parker Demographics:
- Population: 52,000 (49.76% male; 50.24% female)
- Median Age: 35
- College Degree: 62.65%
- Homeowners: 76.86%; Renters: 23.14%
- Average Household Income: $110,534 (62% higher than state; 87% higher than nation)
Marketing Background and History:
The Town of Parker has a large amount of existing market research and information, including the results of surveys, in-person interviews and other community outreach, as well as the results of prior marketing campaigns and initiatives. These documents will be made available to the marketing firm selected for this project.
- Perception for some is that Parker is far away from the metro area.
- Those who haven’t been to Parker in recent years may remember Parker as a small horse community without a lot of activities/events/restaurants/things to do, when in fact there are now many great amenities/facilities/activities available here.
- The community is currently very averse to growth and development and negative feelings exist in the community regarding these issues.
- There are many different community groups on social media, many of which perpetuate incorrect information about Parker; it is difficult to monitor and respond to all of them. Consultants should provide a general scope of work and pricing for the 2018 project deliverables outlined below. The scope of work can be general in nature for the purposes of this proposal; the successful Consultant will be asked to provide a more detailed plan, timeline, and fee schedule.
Task 1: External Brand Awareness/Marketing:
Strategic Marketing Plan:
Create a strategic marketing plan, which should include innovative marketing campaigns and initiatives, brand messaging, development of any recommended creative materials and paid media placement. Plan should outline a cohesive strategy to build top-of-mind and overall awareness of the Town among target audiences; increase engagement on Town social media outlets; drive traffic to the Town website and visitor’s page; and Request for Proposal #RFP-18-003 Page 18 of 41 attract out-of-town visitors and associated visitor spending to foster economic development and grow sales tax revenue.
Marketing Message Development and Refinement:
Build upon existing Town efforts to effectively market Parker, its programs and offerings to both internal and external audiences. Seek out earned media opportunities and assist with fulfillment.
Marketing and Outreach Opportunities:
Develop and implement strategies to engage our target audiences. Explore, recommend and assist in the application of marketing strategies and tactics.
Development of Marketing Materials:
Work with Town staff to recommend and develop applicable marketing materials. This could include written information and graphics; paid advertisements; social media campaigns, promotional materials for events, press conferences and outreach activities; and other items as needed. All materials, messages and artwork related to the campaign will become the property of the Town of Parker.
Earned Media Efforts/Media Relations:
Assist the Town in developing and maximizing relationships with key media and influencers. Seek out earned media opportunities.
Task 2: Community Building within Parker:
Community Advocacy/Brand Ambassadors:
- Recommend initiatives/outreach to reinforce positive attitudes about the Town among current residents and businesses.
- Develop strategies to increase positive interactions between Town Council and staff and the Parker community.
- Identify and develop brand ambassador’s/community advocates to support Town messaging through increased interaction and sharing of positive Town information.
Assist the Town in responding appropriately to emerging trends or changes in the socio-political environment. This could include written responses and/or marketing approaches to issues that may arise from media and social media outlets.
Town of Parker
20120 East Mainstreet
Parker, Colorado 80138-7334
Attn: Traci L. Gorman, CPPO, CPPB, Procurement Officer