The Town of Brookline (the “Town”) is seeking to acquire the services of qualified public relations, social media, and marketing firm or a civic organization experienced in destination marketing to increase media coverage of the Town’s retail, restaurant, hospitality, and cultural institutions. The selected vendor will be retained for 12 months, depending on budget constraints. Efforts should result in coverage of the Town’s business/cultural areas in regional media outlets, including broadcast, print, online, and social media to increase awareness of the Town’s amenities and visitor traffic.
The Town is not seeking an iconic or visually-branded campaign typically found in tourism-dependent economies. Ideally, the media consumer will be learning about authentic stories in our commercial areas, share their own stories about these areas, and become interested in visiting them more often and/or locating their business in Brookline, without thinking about the effort or agency/organization that helped promote the story. It is imperative to determine the most effective use of designated public dollars while achieving these goals. The selected agency/organization will be required to demonstrate its ability to work in all communications channels—traditional media and digital, paid and non-paid, promotions and events, all at a competitive cost to the Town of Brookline. Responses must include specific metrics for each initiative.
This effort aligns with recommendations from previous studies, including:
- Reinforce and enhance a sense of place and identity for each commercial area and other prominent areas, locations, and amenities in Brookline. Perspectives and Opportunities for Brookline’s Commercial Areas, March 2018, Metropolitan Area Planning Council.
- Enhance visibility and promote businesses through festivals, programing, and media. – Brookline Comprehensive Plan 2005-2015.
Scope of Work:
- Develop video media highlighting individual businesses, including business owners, residents, highlighting the inside of the business as well as the commercial streetscape. This media should be provided in an editable format for the Town’s general use and issued under a common license for any individual’s or group’s use or promotion. The Town is especially interested in highlighting retail, restaurant, hospitality, and cultural institutions and commercial districts as a whole. Media must include all of our commercial districts. Due by August 15th, 2018.
- Generate positive media coverage related to Brookline’s commercial areas. Pitch story ideas to print, online, and broadcast media, including regional news outlets as well as travel blogs or publications. At least one story per quarter due, in the timeframe of July 2018 through June 2019. Increase the number of reviews, check-ins, photos, tips, and one-day itineraries on travel websites and related social media about Brookline businesses and business districts. Submit media clips to the Town, tracking coverage, and measuring efforts.
- Reporting due in July 2018, December 2018 and June 2019.
- Performance Report. Due by June 30, 2019. This report shall include a summary of performance based on agreed-upon metrics, back-up information for all data, and suggestions for future efforts.
David Geanakakis, Chief Procurement Officer, Town of Brookline
Town Hall, 333 Washington Street, 2nd Floor, Room 212, Brookline, MA 02445
Shift Communications has a strong Boston presence.
Top Public Relations News:
What Tech Companies can Teach the Finance Sector about Branding
PR Happenings at Nadir Oz Communications, MWWPR, Lou Hammond Group, Behan Communications, Laura Davidson PR
How to Best Prepare For the Bar Exam
Chicago State University Issues RFP For Media Planning, and Advertising
Event RFP Issued By Kansas Emergency Management Association
ORANGE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION ISSUES PUBLIC AWARENESS RFP
Providing Excellent Customer Service in the Shifting Online Landscape
APCO Worldwide’s Margery Kraus: A PR Profile
University of Colorado Colorado Springs Seeks Marketing Agency
PR News From Hunter PR, Ruder Finn, W2O Group & More..