SBCTA seeks to identify and select a Consultant(s) team that demonstrates the experience, knowledge, and capacity to provide agency-wide Public Outreach and Event Management Services in the transportation industry. The desired firm will develop a public outreach and messaging work plan for each project, and coordinate with SBCTA Media Services and Graphic Design Consultants to provide consistent thematic messaging for all projects. The firm will be responsible for developing a marketing and advertising strategy leading up to and including the service launch of express lane projects.
Table of Contents - Everything PR News
In 2016, the agency sponsored Senate Bill 1305 (Morrell), consolidating the agency into as two entities, the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) and the San Bernardino Associated Governments (to be known as the San Bernardino Council of Governments (SBCOG)) The bill passed through both houses and was signed by the Governor in August 2016. As of January 1, 2017, the San Bernardino Associated Governments, serving in each capacity as noted above, is primarily known as SBCTA. Serving more than 2.1 million residents of San Bernardino County, the SBCTA is responsible for cooperative regional planning and furthering an efficient multi-modal transportation system countywide. The SBCTA administers Measure I, the half-cent transportation sales tax approved by county voters in 1989, and supports freeway construction projects, regional and local road improvements, train and bus transportation, railroad crossings, call boxes, ridesharing, congestion management efforts, and long-term planning studies.
Scope of Work:
The desired firm will develop a public outreach and messaging work plan for each project, and coordinate with SBCTA Media Services and Graphic Design Consultants to provide consistent thematic messaging for all projects. The firm will be responsible for developing a marketing and advertising strategy leading up to and including the service launch of express lane projects.
The successful Consultant(s) will demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Developing agency messaging materials and talking points for briefing documents
- Facilitating multilingual public meetings and public hearings and recording of meeting minutes
- Coordination with Construction teams and Public Outreach staff for development and delivery of project specific construction alerts and mitigation messaging
- Develop advertisement and marketing campaigns (including print, radio, and television)
- General Event Management services:
- Public Outreach Meetings/Ground Breaking/Ribbon Cutting
- Other SBCTA Special Events (i.e. Business to Business Expo)
- Conducting public surveys
- Coordinating Community Advisory Groups
- Website content development and updating
- Coordination with professional and industry associations
- Developing a strategic plan for the use of digital and social media for public outreach
1170 W. 3rd Street, 2nd Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92410-1715
ATTENTION: PROPOSAL FOR RFP 19-1002000
Shift Communications is based in California.