The County of San Diego, Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Planning & Recycling Section, is seeking a media services consultant for developing a media strategy, public education and outreach campaign, and advertising/media plan to increase awareness about recycling and waste reduction among residents and businesses in the unincorporated areas of the county.
The County of San Diego Board of Supervisors approved a goal of diverting 75 percent of all waste in unincorporated areas away from landfills by 2025. Increasing the County’s diversion rate will accomplish a number of goals: it would help keep up with new state regulations, cut greenhouse gas emissions by diverting methane-creating landscape trimmings and food scraps away from landfills, and reduce the future need for more landfills. The recycling rate for the unincorporated areas of the county is 61 percent, with organics — landscape trimmings and food scraps — and construction and demolition materials as the most commonly landfilled materials. While recycling more materials helps increase diversion, reducing the overall amount of materials discarded (waste and recycling) also increases diversion is more advantageous in achieving other environmental goals.
Scope of Work:
- To increase public awareness about recycling and waste reduction
- Increase knowledge about what, how, and why recycling is required
- Increase recycling behaviors
- Increase waste reduction behaviors (reduce, reuse, repair, compost, recharge, refill, remake, repurpose, and compost)
Contractor shall work with County staff and contractors to achieve the following objectives:
- Design, develop, and deliver simple, memorable and motivational print, online, radio and video advertisements to increase public awareness about recycling and waste reduction.
- Distribute and place the finished advertisements within San Diego County’s media markets, specifically targeting the unincorporated areas of the county.
March 27th, 2018
5560 Overland Avenue, Suite 270
San Diego, CA 92123-1204
California PR firms include Zeno Group.
Top Public Relations News:
HubSpot VP of Marketing: Social Media is BS!
Social Media RFP Issued in New Mexico
Public Relations/Advertising Firm Issued By USAID
MSLGROUP Names Stephanie Agresta Global Director and Leader of Social Media and Digital
Share Baby Hashtag Calls for the Promotion of Paternity Leave
Porter Novelli Wins Three SABRE Awards
Msunduzi Municipality Seeks Public Relations Agency
Facebook Leaked User Information, Says Symantec
Public Relations RFP Issued By State of Alabama
Forbes Agency Council: A Scam and Money-Making Scheme