SilkAir, Regional Wing of Singapore Airlines Issues Public Relations & Social Media RFP
SilkAir, a Regional Wing of Singapore Airlines has issued an RFP to review its creative, social media and public relations agencies. The company intends to appoint a partner agency/agencies to assist in its creative, social media and public relations.
SilkAir (Singapore) Pte Ltd (“SilkAir”), is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. As the regional wing of Singapore Airlines, SilkAir operates the Singapore Airlines Group’s narrowbody fleet and extends the Group network by seeding and developing new, exciting destinations in Asia Pacific. Today, the full service airline operates close to 400 weekly flights to 51 destinations in 14 countries. From 21st November 2016, the airline will launch flights to Fuzhou, increasing SilkAir’s network to 52 destinations in 14 countries.
SilkAir is currently soliciting information from creative, social media and public relations agencies to aid in its evaluation and eventual selection of an agency/agencies to handle its creative, social media and public relations requirements. Agency/Agencies should also have relevant experience in working with leading global and regional brands.
The Tender Exercise will be conducted in 2 phases. The first stage will be a pre-qualification stage, followed by a full RFP exercise.
The pre-qualification stage will:
- Serve as an initial brief for interested agencies to better understand SilkAir’s requirements.
- Establish a common response format to allow for an efficient, fair and meaningful evaluation of all proposals received.
- Equip SilkAir with relevant and updated information on the various agency and capabilities, and subsequently enable SilkAir to shortlist a number of agencies to be briefed on a full Request for Proposal (RFP) in its second selection phase.
SilkAir is undertaking a review of its creative, social media and public relations agencies. The company intends to appoint a partner agency/agencies to assist in its creative, social media and public relations
Scope of work
This section aims to provide interested agencies with an overview of SilkAir’s creative, social media and public relations requirements, how the company envisions the partnership would work, and where the priorities are. The following contains the pre-requisites of the agency/agencies/consortium:
Integrated Creative, Digital, Social Media and Public Relations Capability:
- Excellent track record in brand, social and PR campaigns and social media management, for international and/or regional brands
- Ability to develop, strategize and plan for the marketing communications program of the SilkAir brand
- Ability to recommend strategic marketing initiatives aligned with SilkAir’s goals and business
- Expand SilkAir’s brand presence by providing realistic, data-driven, creative, integrated and multi- channel campaigns
- Proven track record in creating a series of marketing, digital, social and PR assets across multi- channel platforms
- Proven track record in creative concepts, art direction, copy writing and scripting for all forms of media, including but not limited to TVCs, print, radio and digital advertising
- Proven track record in creation of quality, engaging and compelling content for social media and PR
- Proven track record in development and implementation of a strategic publicity/communications plan and media engagement activities
- Possess in-depth knowledge of and access to relevant trends, topics and data in consumer behaviour, airline industry’s competitive landscape and challenges
- Confidence in delivering high quality work that is consistently on brand, brief, within budget, and achieves measurable results
- Possess a strategic network and international outlook. Although the requirement is to primarily support SilkAir’s head office located in Singapore, the agency/agencies should have the ability to leverage on its network of offices to fulfill brand communication needs in SilkAir’s other key markets of China, India, Indonesia and Malaysia
- Ability to work effectively with SilkAir’s appointed Media Buying agency, in development and implementation of its strategies
- Able to filter and recommend “best practices” for SilkAir to consider
Strong Client Service – Agency Leadership
- Ability to partner with SilkAir’s Branding and Communications team to achieve common goals
- Active involvement and commitment of agency’s senior management on SilkAir’s account
- Excellent project management and executional skills with ability to multi-task effectively and Efficiently
- Good understanding of a large organization and the ability to deal with internal stakeholders and external parties
- Strong understanding of SilkAir’s business needs and the dynamic industry landscape SilkAir is operating in
Proposal due by 23 Nov 2016 to:
SilkAir Tender Box
SIA Pass Office (1st Pass Office) No. 4 Airline Road
Changi Airfreight Complex (CAC)
Allison+Partners, Hill & Knowlton and Edelman PR have offices in Singapore.