The South Jersey Port Corporation was created in 1968 to operate marine shipping terminals in the South Jersey Port District which consists of seven counties: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Mercer and Cape May. The SJPC is a quasi-state agency, which reports through the Department of Treasury to the Governor of New Jersey. The purpose of this state-created corporation is to provide meaningful public employment, tax ratables and business incentives to the South Jersey region. The SJPC owns and operates the Joseph A. Balzano and Broadway Marine Terminals in the Port of Camden, the Salem Marine Terminal at the Port of Salem, and is constructing the Paulsboro Marine Terminal at the Port of Paulsboro.
The South Jersey Port Corporation (SJPC) provides world-class facilities and beneficial services which support and accommodate the transportation of goods and commodities, both by water and by land. It is the mission of the SJPC to foster regional economic development for the benefit of our Port District, including the cities of Camden and Salem, New Jersey.
Scope of Work:
Marketing Agency shall:
- A) Attend all regularly scheduled SJPC Board meetings and such additional Board meetings as requested by the Board of Directors or Executive Director and CEO, and provide monthly activity reports.
- B) Prepare the SJPC annual report including, but not limited to, all copy, photographs, deliverables, drafting, and layouts through the final printing of such reports. Annual Report must be completed within two months of the SJPC Board’s acceptance of the financial audit.
- C) Prepare, in coordination with staff, the SJPC promotional materials, including, but not limited to, the magazine/newsletter, press releases, articles, communication with the public and businesses, media contact and relations, and marketing of the SJPC.
- D) Assist in the identification of and prepare marketing materials for direct marketing to current, former and potential port customers nationally and globally.
- E) Participate in all the areas of public relations, including, but not limited to, preparation of press releases, articles, communication with the public and businesses, media contact and relations, and marketing of the SJPC.
- F) Preparation and implementation of a comprehensive strategic development marketing plan, public relations and communications plan and multimedia materials.
- G) Outreach to community organizations and leaders.
- H) Development and promotion of special events to promote the positive image of the SJPC, and involve and educate the public officials in SJPC operations.
- I) Consult with SJPC staff as needed on all matters of marketing, crisis management, and public and media relations.
- J) Assist staff with development and maintenance of content for the SJPC website and social media services, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Constant Contact.
- K) Promote the continued economic development of the SJPC and the region.
SOUTH JERSEY PORT CORPORATION
c/o JAY JONES, ACTING EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
BALZANO MARINE TERMINAL
101 JOSEPH A. BALZANO BOULEVARD
CAMDEN, NJ 08103
Top Public Relations News:
Public Relations Agencies Bought & Sold
Profile Interview with CMW Media CEO Kyle Porter
Super Bowl Ads Sell Out, at What Cost?
PRCA Announces New Fellowships for Consulting
International Film Festival of India Seeks PR Firm For Bollywood
KIDOZ 2.0 Makes Email Fun for Kids
Christopher Newport University Issues Communications RFP
Aspen, Colorado Issues Digital Marketing RFP
Daniel Palmier: Launches of the new Daniel Palmier Foundation Website
University of Louisville Foundation Looking For A PR Firm