The intent and purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to solicit sealed proposals to establish one master-term agreement through competitive negotiation with an experienced, qualified firm for creation and execution of marketing initiatives and communication strategies for the Fredericksburg Regional Tourism Partnership (“FRTP”).
The tourism advertising program in the Fredericksburg Region is a cooperative program shared by the governments of the City of Fredericksburg and Counties of Spotsylvania and Stafford. The Fredericksburg Regional Tourism Partnership oversees the production of a variety of marketing activities, including on- and off-line advertising, visitor publications and maps, cooperative programs, public relations and tradeshows – all designed to promote the region to travelers, tourists and the travel trade. Since 1994 the County of Stafford and the City of Fredericksburg have leveraged resources to enhance tourism growth for the region. Spotsylvania became a partner in 1999. In 2005, a more formal relationship emerged via a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to set forth shared responsibilities and cooperatively market the region’s tourism products. The MOU is for a three- year period; it will be up for renewal in the spring/summer of 2019. This allows for continued development, refinement, and implementation of long-range marketing strategies.
The City of Fredericksburg is the agency contact for the account. The City processes all media and services for general consumer and group-tour advertising. It is anticipated that approximately half of the funds expended will be for ad placement and the balance for marketing services.
Current Marketing Strategy
The joint marketing effort is conducted under the “Fredericksburg Timeless” brand. Go to
VisitFred.com/ for more details. Our social media channels:
- Facebook – 25,000 likes
- Instagram – 2586 followers
- Twitter –
Our current target audience is Gen X couples and families, multigenerational travel, and Millennials (age 25-34). Our current geo target is Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and Baltimore.
With an area of nearly 700 square miles, the Fredericksburg Region is located in Central Virginia.
The Region is accessible via Interstate 95, U.S. Routes 1, 2, and 17, and VA Rt. 3. Regional airports are located in Stafford and Spotsylvania, and the Region is equally convenient to international air service at the Reagan, Dulles, and Richmond International airports. The Region has a vibrant 40-block National Historic District with over 100 shops, chef-owned restaurants and boutiques. Itfeatures the scenic beauty and recreational opportunities afforded by the Rappahannock River, Lake Anna & Lake Anna State Park, Crow’s Nest Natural Area Preserve, and Potomac River. The Region also has a colorful colonial, Revolutionary and Civil War history (including George Washington’s Boyhood Home, Washington’s mother’s home & other “living” colonial history sites, 4 major Civil War battlefields, multiple history museums, and the historic home & gallery of 20th century artist Gari Melchers). Strong segments have developed for arts and culture, special events and culinary tourism. The Region continues to enhance and expand its tourism offerings.
Scope of Work:
The successful Offeror for the partnership will present the Region’s amenities to a broad audience of heritage, sports, cultural, recreational, culinary, golf, group, meeting, reunion and other tourist segments utilizing a variety of media and other techniques. The Contractor and the partnership will hold regular, frequent conferences (remote format is preferable) to update partners, review actions and activity, and adjust plans as necessary.
The FRTP is seeking a single Offeror to work with the partnership to analyze tourism research for strategy and execution of integrated marketing programs.
Unless otherwise directed by the FRTP, the Offeror shall develop communications concepts and produce creative for recommended media and other projects as assigned. The FRTP will use the “Fredericksburg Timeless” brand. The call to action for all marketing communications will be VisitFred.com and other digital properties such as social media channels.
Creative/Marketing/Media/Brand Identity/Public Relations Services
The Offeror selected may be required to provide any or all the following services.
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Analyze tourism research for strategy and execution of marketing programs to include, but not limited to: advertising, digital marketing, public relations, social media, B2B/cooperative marketing, international marketing, groups, meetings and sports.
- Assist in the ongoing strategic marketing planning and execution, in consultation with the FRTP.
- Account Services
- Provide staff adequate to handle client contact, including: project management, strategy adherence, creative review, follow-up analysis, and client billing.
- Develop and execute creative concepts based on strategic analysis, research and input from the FRTP. These vehicles shall include but are not limited to: broadcast/video, digital, print, event and brand activations, social media activations, radio and out of home.
- Paid Media
- Translate advertising and marketing goal into effective media plans and buys, which may include television, radio, print, digital advertising, promotions, social media, events and domestic sales.
- Provide a schedule of media buys in advance for written approval.
- Provide analytics, data and return on investment (ROI) and insight services to the FRTP.
- Provide overall services not limited to: strategy/media concepting, negotiation, placement, invoice management/reconciliation, budget management, analytics/ongoing results analysis, weekly account updates, annual paid media plan, industry advertising plan (co-op), trafficking, on-going client communication, occasional planning sessions with the FRTP and Digital Contractor.
- Execute advertising and marketing campaigns that accurately address the FRTP’s brand positioning utilizing proven capabilities for high quality and cost efficiency.
- Maintain timelines and meet deadlines while keeping all appropriate FRTP staff informed of project status.
- Maintain FRTP-approved production budgets. No budget shall be exceeded without prior written approval of the FRTP.
- Manage the creation and/or production of marketing materials including, but not limited to: print advertising, copywriting, collateral material, video (broadcast, digital and all other uses), and all forms of digital design, as requested by FRTP.
- Perform trafficking duties for paid media and other needs for delivering creative files, in collaboration with the Media Contractor.
- Include the following services in the retainer as part of the overall management of the FRTP account: travel, formal presentations, regular status meetings, and occasional planning sessions with FRTP and coordination with Media Contractor.
- Report monthly to the FRTP on advertising placement activity, media buy pricing, and other activities. Reports should be sent digitally to the FRTP.
715 Princess Anne Street,
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Top Public Relations News:
Celebrity PR: Social Media Profile Protection
Manage Your Budget So It Won’t Manage You
Kesha Speaks Out About Online Bullying
Is Your Marketing Optimized for Instant Gratification?
HootSuite Adds New #SocialApps to Its Social Media Management System
Facebook and Twitter Main Channels for Customer Complaints
What Is Strategic Planning for Public Relations?
Albuquerque Public Schools Issues Lobbying RFP
Happenings From Finn Partners, French/West/Vaughan, Litzky PR & Edelman Australia
University Crisis PR is Sorely Lacking