The County of Suffolk, NY is seeking a marketing and promotions agency.
Suffolk County, with a population of 1.5 million, is Long Island’s eastern-most county, and covers an area of approximately 900 square miles, 20 miles at its widest part and approximately 86 miles in length. The County of Suffolk is a municipal corporation of the State of New York with an annual operating budget of approximately $2.6 billion. The County employs approximately 12,000 employees, with main offices located in Hauppauge, Yaphank, Riverhead, and several smaller locations.
Scope of Work:
- Proposers must discuss their capability to perform the following major responsibilities of a tourism promotion agency:
- To encourage groups to hold meetings, conventions, tradeshows and other related sports and tourism events in the Long Island region, particularly Suffolk County;
- To assist those groups with meeting/event preparations and meetings/events in progress; and
iii. To encourage tourists to visit and enjoy the historic, cultural and recreational opportunities of the Long Island region, particularly Suffolk County.
- Proposers must deliver summaries for a comprehensive, integrated Destination Marketing Strategy and Plan and Suffolk County Specialty Marketing Strategy and Plan that utilize both traditional and digital media to reach target markets. These plans must include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting the County’s cultural, historic and natural resources, vibrant downtowns and other-related tourism places within Suffolk County, its towns and its villages, and stimulating economic growth by attracting conventions, meetings, sporting events and visitors to Suffolk County.
- The development and execution of an annual marketing and advertising program designed to solicit conventions, meetings, events, groups and individual visitors to Suffolk County.
iii. Mechanisms to measure and assess impact and effectiveness of programs.
- Producing, distributing and evaluating, on an annual basis, the collateral and fulfillment materials for tourists containing information about area hotels, restaurants, attractions, shopping activities and visitor services.
- Operating two tourist information centers serving visitors to Suffolk County, or such other number of centers as may be mutually agreed upon by the County and Contractor in writing.
- The promotion of tourism, corporate meetings business and sports events shall include any service, function or activity, whether or not performed, sponsored or advertised by the tourism promotion agency with the intent to attract visitors to the County.
vii. Funds received from the County by the Contractor shall not be utilized to direct visitors to any particular businesses.
October 30, 2017
Thomas J. Malanga
Principal Contracts Examiner
Suffolk County Purchasing Office, Room 103
335 Yaphank Avenue
Yaphank, NY 11980
Top Public Relations News:
Burson-Marsteller’s Radical Client Speaking At Yale Tuesday
Canada Tourism Seeks To Hire Public Relations Firm
Donald Trump’s September 11 PR Stunt
Sound Transit Issues Media Monitoring RFP
Isabella County Issues Marketing RFP
Things to Consider When Taking a Stand on Issues
T.I. Arrested Trying to Enter his Neighborhood
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Content: Emulation Principle in Effect
Public Relations Forum in Europe
County of Union, NJ Seeks Government Relations & Lobbying Services