The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network and seeking a communications firm for campaigns in Damascus, Syria.
Syria is the highest profile crisis in the world, with heightened media scrutiny and attention. The UNCT in Syria has come under attack on several occasions by international and local media outlets. The public attack on the UNCT and its projects was linked to its partnership management approach and strategy and the need for stronger due diligence and reporting mechanisms among its partners.
With the above context in mind, the UNCT Workplan for 2017 aims to strengthen joint UN communications and outreach that accurately reflect the diversity of UN operations in Syria, beyond the humanitarian – including showcasing early recovery and livelihood support, as enshrined in the Syria Strategic Framework 2016-2017. The UNCT will aim to develop common advocacy messages; maintain an active UN Communication Group; and develop joint communications strategy and platforms. The UNCT is keenly aware of the need to strengthen its Strategic Partnerships with national and international stakeholders, including civil society organisations, national NGOs, donors and others to widen its partners’ database, while further promoting and enhancing a common approach towards social cohesion and reconciliation programming.
Scope and Expected Outputs:
- Develop a UNCT communications and advocacy strategy, including on media engagement, advocacy and communications campaigns and global thematic initiatives related to resilience and early recovery.
- Support the functioning of the UN Communication Group including regular meetings, an annual workplan and common communication platforms: website; quarterly newsletter/report etc.
- Develop key advocacy and communications materials for the RC/HC and the UNCT with a particular focus on how to tell the story of what the UN agencies and programmes do on the ground for the Syria people including high quality reports, videos, stories speeches, briefing papers, media backgrounders and material such as Opinion articles for publication.
- Ensures that the UNCT messages and activities are covered by social media platforms; in this regard populate and maintain the UNCT’s social media profile;
- Develops and maintains a mapping of key national civil society and opinion leaders and facilitate UNCT members and the RC/HC engagement with these groups;
Proposal due by December 12th, 2016 to:
United Nations Development Programme
One United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017 USA
Brown Lloyd James is a PR firm that has represented Syria & the Assad regime.
Top Public Relations News:
The Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Issues Advertising RFP
Media Monitoring Tools for Public Relations: Top 100
The Benefits of a Degree in Public Relations
City of Glendale Seeks Marketing Firm For Glendale Tech Week
University Crisis PR is Sorely Lacking
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Issues Advertising/PR/Marketing RFP
PR Agency Needed For Fighting Health Crisis
Louis CK Starts His Comeback
Cohn and Wolfe: Bad Web Design is Bad PR
City of Dowagiac Issues Website Design RFP