Utah Based Aquarium Issues Public Relations RFP
LOVELAND LIVING PLANET AQUARIUM (LLPA) in Draper, Utah, is a world-class, mission-driven Aquarium that inspires people to Explore, Discover, and Learn about the Earth’s diverse ecosystems. They strive to foster stewardship for the environment and life on Earth.
LLPA seeks a nationally recognized Public Relations firm with experience in the nonprofit sector, specifically with zoos and aquariums, to develop a strategic communications plan for our expansion and execute a major, national publicity campaign. The goal of this campaign is to not only raise the organizations profile on the national stage, but also help entice sponsors to help fund growth.
- Phase 1 (March 20 – June 20, 2017) – Three-month contract including publicity blitz/announcement and communications strategy development for Phase 2
- Phase 2 (Spring 2018 – Spring 2019) – Up to a one-year contract, publicity campaign spanning from groundbreaking through several major building milestones, concluding with grand opening
- KPIs: Significant national and local press coverage in target print, online, and broadcast publications; feature placements; on-site interviews
- Angles: There will be numerous newsworthy moments throughout the expansion project, which will take place on the nine-acre lot just south of our Aquarium. The biggest newsworthy hook is a major donation from an internationally renowned rock band, which will be integrated into the overall design of expansion project.
- Target Audience: National and local; individuals and families interested in wildlife, education, conservation and mission-driven organizations; potential donors
- Assets: Site renderings available upon request; Aquarium photography, video, and logos
- LLPA digital properties: thelivingplanet.com
- Scope of Work
- Developing a strategic communications plan for the expansion PR campaign across traditional and social media
- Aggressive, proactive media outreach to increase visibility for LLPA and its expansion
- Securing significant coverage across national and local print, online and broadcast outlets via personal pitching and follow up via phone, email, in-person pitch meetings, mail, etc.
- Writing and distributing press releases, media advisories, and pitches to various target media
- Planning and executing media events, including but not limited to stunts, ground- breakings, and ribbon-cuttings (Depending on scale, agency will only need to have one or two team members present at events; LLPA has an experienced on-site team that can facilitate)
- Tracking all publicity coverage and measuring success, sharing all secured placements/clips in real-time, providing weekly status updates, and a comprehensive monthly report
- Weekly status calls with client as campaign ramps up; followed by bi-weekly status calls once planning is underway
- Proposal Requirements:
- Qualifications and Experience: Provide a description of the history, experience, and capabilities of your agency including staff bios of team that would be assigned to this project; relevant case studies; and references
- Approach to Scope of Work: Provide a detailed description of your approach, addressing each element of the Scope of Work, including specific targets you would pitch to generate significant media coverage
- Estimated staff hours to complete Scope of Work for Phases 1 and 2
- Project Cost: Provide costs based on the Scope of Work, divided between Phases 1 and 2
- Submission Requirements: Prospective agencies should submit a proposal via email to LLPA on or before March 14, at 5:00 p.m. MT.
Submit the proposal and direct any questions to:
Loveland Living Planet Aquarium Director of Marketing & Public Relations
801-355-3474 x 214
Leading PR firms in the Western United States includes Ketchum PR, APCO Worldwide and Porter Novelli.