LOVELAND LIVING PLANET AQUARIUM (LLPA) in Draper, Utah, is a world-class, mission-driven Aquarium that inspires people to Explore, Discover, and Learn about the Earth’s diverse ecosystems. They strive to foster stewardship for the environment and life on Earth.
LLPA seeks a nationally recognized Public Relations firm with experience in the nonprofit sector, specifically with zoos and aquariums, to develop a strategic communications plan for our expansion and execute a major, national publicity campaign. The goal of this campaign is to not only raise the organizations profile on the national stage, but also help entice sponsors to help fund growth.
- Phase 1 (March 20 – June 20, 2017) – Three-month contract including publicity blitz/announcement and communications strategy development for Phase 2
- Phase 2 (Spring 2018 – Spring 2019) – Up to a one-year contract, publicity campaign spanning from groundbreaking through several major building milestones, concluding with grand opening
- KPIs: Significant national and local press coverage in target print, online, and broadcast publications; feature placements; on-site interviews
- Angles: There will be numerous newsworthy moments throughout the expansion project, which will take place on the nine-acre lot just south of our Aquarium. The biggest newsworthy hook is a major donation from an internationally renowned rock band, which will be integrated into the overall design of expansion project.
- Target Audience: National and local; individuals and families interested in wildlife, education, conservation and mission-driven organizations; potential donors
- Assets: Site renderings available upon request; Aquarium photography, video, and logos
- LLPA digital properties: thelivingplanet.com
- Scope of Work
- Developing a strategic communications plan for the expansion PR campaign across traditional and social media
- Aggressive, proactive media outreach to increase visibility for LLPA and its expansion
- Securing significant coverage across national and local print, online and broadcast outlets via personal pitching and follow up via phone, email, in-person pitch meetings, mail, etc.
- Writing and distributing press releases, media advisories, and pitches to various target media
- Planning and executing media events, including but not limited to stunts, ground- breakings, and ribbon-cuttings (Depending on scale, agency will only need to have one or two team members present at events; LLPA has an experienced on-site team that can facilitate)
- Tracking all publicity coverage and measuring success, sharing all secured placements/clips in real-time, providing weekly status updates, and a comprehensive monthly report
- Weekly status calls with client as campaign ramps up; followed by bi-weekly status calls once planning is underway
- Proposal Requirements:
- Qualifications and Experience: Provide a description of the history, experience, and capabilities of your agency including staff bios of team that would be assigned to this project; relevant case studies; and references
- Approach to Scope of Work: Provide a detailed description of your approach, addressing each element of the Scope of Work, including specific targets you would pitch to generate significant media coverage
- Estimated staff hours to complete Scope of Work for Phases 1 and 2
- Project Cost: Provide costs based on the Scope of Work, divided between Phases 1 and 2
- Submission Requirements: Prospective agencies should submit a proposal via email to LLPA on or before March 14, at 5:00 p.m. MT.
Submit the proposal and direct any questions to:
Loveland Living Planet Aquarium Director of Marketing & Public Relations
801-355-3474 x 214
Top Public Relations News:
How Kelly Cutrone’s Reality TV Show Can Change Public Relations
Diabetes Non-Profit Issues RFP
How Influential Is the Influence Project?
Bill Blass Announces New Agency Hires
News and Notes from the Public Relations World
Commonwealth of Virginia Issues RFP Seeking Marketing in Canada
Charlotte Seeks Media Buying and Creative Services
Everyone Needs PR – and Here’s Why
GMC Granite Abandons TV Ads All Together
Netanyahu’s Former Chief Of Staff, Ari Harow Joins New Israeli PR Agency