The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau in Texas is seeking an advertising Agency for Bureau’s Destination Marketing Campaign. The Destination Marketing plan positions The Woodlands as a destination for family vacations, weekend getaways and corporate and business meetings by leveraging The Woodlands’ appeal, including over 11 million square feet of shopping, dining, hospitality, and entertainment, all within a unique walkable environment.
Services needed for this campaign include creative concepting, multi-media ad production, media planning and buying, account servicing, and general account management.
The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau (TWCVB) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting The Woodlands as a regional, state, national and international destination for shopping, dining, entertainment, and a place to conduct business. In addition to coordinating activities geared to promoting The Woodlands as a leisure destination for tourists, the Bureau also facilitates inquiries from meeting planners who are looking for a venue to host a meeting, convention or conference.
TWCVB receives its funding from The Woodlands Township, which collects hotel occupancy tax. The Bureau’s advertising efforts, as they relate to the Destination Marketing program should focus on promoting the merchants located throughout The Woodlands.
The objective of the 2018 Destination Marketing plan is to increase income from visitor spending and increase brand awareness of The Woodlands as a destination. The Bureau develops cooperative marketing efforts with businesses in The Woodlands including The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center, The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, limited service hotels in The Woodlands, The Woodlands Mall, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Market Street and The Woodlands Development Company among others.
In addition, TWCVB supports other events that take place in and draw visitor traffic to The Woodlands such as The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival, Memorial Hermann Ironman Texas, Wine & Food Week in The Woodlands, Inspire Film Festival and many more.
TWCVB maintains an interactive website including a searchable merchant database and other useful tools for visitors. E-newsletters and special event announcements are also distributed to those who opt-in to receive communication from TWCVB.
SUMMARY OF 2018 DESTINATION MARKETING TOOLS
- Television Commercials
- 10, 15 or 30-second television spots featuring destination/visitor attractions (Pavilion, shopping, dining, hotel accommodations, etc.). The success of these ads can be tracked using weekend getaway submissions and Google Analytics.
- Internet Radio Spots
- 15-second units during key shopping/vacation periods used to promote The Woodlands as a destination offering over 11 million square feet of shopping, dining, hospitality, and entertainment.
- Print Ads – general in scope and placed in the following:
- Houston area newspapers and other publications
- SMART Meetings
- Additional opportunities
- Collateral Material
- The Woodlands Visitor’s Guide & Map
- The Woodlands Meeting Planner Guide
- The Woodlands Tear Off Map
- The Woodlands Media Kit
- Website (VisitTheWoodlands.com) – Features The Woodlands shops, restaurants, entertainment venues, accommodations, blog posts, events and activities, media releases and more
- Facebook (Facebook.com/VisitTheWoodlands)
- Twitter (Twitter.com/TheWoodlandsCVB)
- Instagram (Instagram.com/VisitTheWoodlandsTX)
- YouTube (YouTube.com/TheWoodlandsCVB)
- Online Travel Websites: TripAdvisor.com, Expedia.com
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Advertising Campaigns promoting events (includes newspapers, magazines and other news sources, online content, cable and radio)
Proposal due by Monday, July 31, 2017 to:
The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau
2801 Technology Forest Blvd.
The Woodlands, Texas 77381
Top Public Relations News:
Social Vibe Launches A New Consumer Engagement Platform
Pr News From MWWPR, 42 West & Porter Novelli
Marketing RFP Issued by North Carolina
Upcoming PR Trends
Texas Municipal League Issues Communications RFP
The Top 3 Books on Investing
Town of Mansfield, Connecticut Seeks Public Relations Agency
How Small Businesses Can Boost Their Online Presence
City of Evanston Issues Graphic Design RFP
Stamford Seeks Lobbying Firm