10 Boss’s Day Wishes to Make Your Boss Happy
Many consider Boss’s Day and occasion to tell and show the boss what you really think of him or her. And, to give your boss the appreciation that he or she truly deserves. But you don’t really want to do that, do you? Not in these hard times, and not unless you want to get fired next Monday. So you are left with a moral dilemma: should you tell the truth, or lie? The Sheepy found a middle way. Here are ten things you could say, without being afraid of the boot (but do be afraid of the hoof).
- A good boss is like chocolate. Quality ingredients, nothing artificial, and always appreciated! Too bad that I am allergic.
- On Boss’s Day, we’d like to pay you a compliment: you’ve sure got a great bunch of people working for you!
- Boss, Mark Twain said once: Great people are those who make others feel that they, too, can become great. But you wouldn’t understand.
And the rest, from Jeffrey Yamaguchi:
- “Thanks for all the keen insights on how NOT to manage people.”
- “Thanks for using your expense account to buy our holiday gifts — at least we got something decent this year.”
- “Thanks for always thinking of us. We’ve come to love and cherish the leftover danish from your meetings, given that that’s about all we ever get. Happy Boss’s Day!”
- “Thanks for running such a tip top ship. From the copy machine on up, this place is simply out of order. Happy Boss’s Day!”
- “Thanks for always keeping me in the loop. For example, I love how you come by my desk and tell me the coffee pot is empty, every damn time. Happy Boss’s Day!”
- “Thanks for always stepping in front and taking the lead. You really know how to take credit for everyone else’s ideas and hard work. Happy Boss’s Day!”
- “Thanks for all your efforts. Such as the way you can just keep on talking about absolutely nothing and make those staff meetings drag on forever, to the point where everyone just wants to stab their own eyeballs out. Happy Boss’s Day!”