The purpose of this solicitation is to establish a contract for social media consultant services that will evaluate, implement, improve and optimize a positive online and social media presence for RRHA that will not only achieve visibility, but lead to tangible results (i.e. attendance of events, receipt of applicants for job openings). RRHA is committed to its vision to provide leadership and innovation that enable this organization to become a model redevelopment and housing authority.
Established in 1949, the City of Roanoke Redevelopment and Housing Authority (RRHA), provides housing and homeownership opportunities for low and moderate-income persons, fosters family selfsufficiency, and plays a significant role in redevelopment activities in the City of Roanoke. With funding provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), RRHA operates 1,275 residential housing units in eight Public Housing developments and scattered sites throughout the City. In addition, RRHA administers HUD-funded Section 8 programs including 2,059 Housing Choice Vouchers. RRHA also manages over 200 units of Low Income Housing Tax Credit rental housing, 24 units of Section 8 New Construction, Hackley Apartments and private rental housing. RRHA develops and implements redevelopment plans through cooperation agreements with the City of Roanoke and conducts revitalization activities in partnership with the City of Roanoke.
The City of Roanoke Redevelopment and Housing Authority (RRHA) is seeking qualified and experienced professional services firms or individuals with a proven track record to provide consultation and assessment regarding RRHA’s use of Social Media. RRHA’s objectives in seeking these services are to:
· Improve knowledge, enhance awareness and generate a positive public image regarding RRHA by improving the reach and impact of its social media presence;
· Provide a central source of information that reaches residents, community and staff;
· Improve RRHA’s current social media presence to increase the amount of traffic to its sites ;
· Increase the number of followers reached via social media.
The successful vendor will:
· Evaluate RRHA’s current social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to determine its effectiveness;
· Provide a comprehensive, robust and engaging plan that includes:
o Recommendations on which social media platforms to utilize to obtain the objectives, including:
· Rationale behind each recommendation;
· Advice on how to use each form of social media to maximize impact;
· Developing pages that will allow different access levels with appropriate responsibilities and editing rights;
o Production of a fully worked up plan with content recommendations (including graphics/images, timing and frequency of posts) to ensure posts are eye-catching and engaging;
· Content should focus on keeping audiences informed of current job openings and events, Resident Services information and events; general agency information including federal, state and local updates regarding Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher and RRHA redevelopment;
· Content should support the agency’s vision and mission as outlined on its website;
· Content should increase RRHA’s brand recognition and promote a positive image of RRHA;
o Recommendations on how to publicize upcoming events hosted by RRHA or current job openings effectively with tangible results;
o Recommend metrics that RRHA can use to assess the impact and reach of its social media presence campaigns.
· Provide any advice and recommendations on how to maintain an effective social media presence after the initial plan is completed.
March 27th, 2019.
2624 Salem Turnpike, NW Roanoke, VA 24017
Top Public Relations News:
APCO Worldwide: State of the U.S. Biopharmaceutical Industry
PR Resources: ProProfs Survey Maker Enhances Community Engagement
Optimist Consulting: A PR Firm For Luxury Brands
Verizon Wants People to Say “I Didn’t Know Verizon Did That”
The PR implications of ‘Beef’ in Hip Hop
HTML5 Renaming Reflects Web Power Struggle
10 Awesome Selfies by Brilliant PRs and Communicators
Guardian Jobs Reminds You to Monitor Your Social Sharing
How Gary Kaplan Built a Legacy in Uganda
Interview with Steve Markman, Markman Speaker Management LLC