Event Services RFP Issued By Long Beach
The City of Long Beach (the “City”), is soliciting requests for proposals (RFP) from qualified Professional Race Timing & Event Service providers and must include all labor, materials, personnel and equipment needed to provide race timing and event service support for the City’s Annual Race Series. Interested parties must demonstrate qualifications, experience, abilities and costs associated to accomplish and support all aspect of the prescribed scope of work. Race events take place throughout the year, with a vigorous summer season campaign.
The City’s Annual Race Series schedule includes, but may not be limited to:
· February Snowflake 4 Mile Race;
· Memorial Day Weekend 10 Mile Race To Remember;
· Fabulous 4th Of July 1k & 4K Runs;
· Lifeguard Memorial 1 Mile Swim;
· Lifeguard Biathlon;
· 5 Mile Labor Day Race; and
· 10K Turkey Trot The selected vendor(s) will be required to operate according to the terms and conditions set forth in a formal agreement with the City upon award.
SCOPE OF WORK
Event Registration and Marketing
· Create an event web page with comprehensive event information, graphics, maps, sponsor logos and links to online registration
· Create an event listing with online registration
· Provide online registration through additional websites
· Promote events with email, newsletters, etc.
· Post events on various running calendars
· Release promotional email blasts to previous participants and appropriate databases
· Provide and assemble race packets with bib numbers, pins, chips, marketing material or any additional items
· Send customized email to all participants
· Provide representatives at pre-event registration locations – assistance with late registrations, changes and problems
· Provide event accounting, detailing entries/monies collected via online registration
Event Consultation, Management and Event Services
· Provide consultation on course design, venue layout, timetable, volunteer needs and race execution plan
· Provide exciting and colorful finish line complete with clock structure, crowd control barriers, and flags
· Provide sound system at start/finish with music and race announcer
· Provide clocks for race time splits on course
· Provide photographer or camera to take finish line photos
· Provide post-race consultation up to and including awards presentation
Computer Chip Timing and Race Results Scoring Services
· Provide computer chip timing for all participants
· Provide computer chip timing system at the start/finish for net times
· Provide real time, onscreen database capabilities
· Post preliminary results onsite during the race for the athletes to review
· Provide official race results at pre-arranged time for awards ceremony
· Provide official printed results of all finishers at conclusion of race
· Email complete results to media immediately following the race
· Email personalized results to each participant with a deliverable email address immediately following the race
· Post and provide the official race result award winners by predetermined age categories complete with name, time, hometown and finish place
Sealed proposals will be received and opened at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 17, 2022, in the Purchasing Department of the City of Long Beach, Room 509, One West Chester Street, Long Beach, NY.
To be considered, an original and five (5) hard copies of the proposal, with any attachments, addenda, etc., as well as one (1) electronic copy of the same must be received by the Purchasing Department, City of Long Beach, 1 West Chester Street, Room 509, Long Beach, New York 11561, firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00 a.m. on February 17, 2022. The originals shall be placed in a sealed envelope marked “Professional Race Timing & Event Services”.
Edelman PR and Zeno Group are agencies worth considering.