The Port Authority of Kansas City, Missouri (“Port KC ”) is looking to hire a Public Relations firm. Port KC is a political subdivision of the State of Missouri created pursuant to Section 68.10 et seq., RSMo (“Port Authority”) and chartered by the City of Kansas City, Missouri. Port KC is governed by a Board of Commissioners appointed by the mayor of Kansas City.
Port KC is granted broad governmental and business enterprise powers for the purpose of promoting economic development and job creation.
The most important of these powers are:
- To acquire, own, construct, redevelop, lease, maintain, and conduct land reclamation, residential, commercial and mixed-use development, industrial parks, facilities, terminals, terminal facilities and any other type of port facility;
- To promote and expand inland and river port commercial throughput of cargo and freight;
- To identify and pursue redevelopment opportunities at blighted and historic preservation sites;
- To redevelop the Downtown Kansas City Riverfront to promote and develop new opportunities for residence, commerce and leisure; and
- To promote the full integration of multi-modal transportation assets to increase commercial opportunities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Port KC’s statutory powers of issuing bonds, land reclamation and the ability to enter into contracts to implement its development projects make it a unique and influential agency. Port KC has the flexibility to engage in a wide variety of strategic economic development projects that are vital to the economic progress of Kansas City.
Port KC’s mission is to foster the economic vitality of Kansas City, Missouri through transportation, trade, commerce, and development.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Request for Proposals (RFP) is for public relations services for the creation of a Berkley Riverfront Park communications strategic plan.
The anticipated scope of work will include:
- Propose a media relations and social media strategy that elevates the exposure of Berkley Riverfront Park.
- Develop relevant message that can take advantage of current opportunities and events at the riverfront.
- Explore editorial coverage opportunities
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements of the Berkley Riverfront Park website.
- Create a brand identity for Berkley Riverfront Park.
- Assess and recommend marketing tie-ins between Berkley Riverfront Park and Berkley Riverfront Development.
- Explore opportunities to enhance land development marketing and awareness campaigns through all these work products.
Proposal due by December 1, 2016
300 Wyandotte Street, Suite 100,
Kansas City, Missouri 64105
Top Public Relations News:
Why you Need to Diversfy your Brands Digital Campaign
Arkansas To Pay $350K To An Ad Company And Publicity Shop
Genesis Prize Presented to NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg
OpenTable for iPad – The PR Lesson for Travel Businesses
Ketchum PR & Qorvis/MSL Group Make Millions Representing Human Rights Violators
What are the Best 2020 Marketing Campaigns
Massachusetts Town Issues RFP For New Website To Be Designed
Lochte More Social than Phelps, Attensity Study Shows
Town of Mansfield, Connecticut Seeks Public Relations Agency
Leading Faith-Based PR Firms