Erie County Medical Center Corporation is seeking a Public Affairs agency.
ECMCC has 550 inpatient acute, psychiatric, rehabilitation, and alcohol rehabilitation beds. ECMCC has more than 40 outpatient specialty care clinics with both on-site and off-site locations. In addition, ECMCC operates Terrace View, a skilled nursing facility with 390 beds. As a regional Trauma Center, ECMCC brings a special expertise and a high level of medical and surgical skill to every patient care department in the Hospital, from the Burn Treatment Center to the Spinal Cord Injury Unit to the 24/7 Angioplasty Program.
As the medical emergency response system for the entire county, ECMCC has one of the largest emergency departments in Western New York, with 29 exam rooms, including four for trauma, and a “fast track” program available for less critical emergencies. ECMCC’s Regional Burn Treatment Center is the only unit of its kind in Western New York. With 24 hour burn care by a specially trained burn healthcare team, extensive rehabilitation programs, and comprehensive psychosocial support, the Burn Center is an integral part of ECMCC’s trauma services.
ECMCC is affiliated with the State University of New York at Buffalo and is recognized as a major teaching hospital in Western New York. From lifesaving surgery for trauma patients to the extra support that makes a difficult time easier for visiting families, ECMC offers true care at every level. ECMC Foundation, a not-for-profit corporation, enhances what ECMC offers to our patients and community, secures the resources that make all the difference, and takes on initiatives to financially support the lifesaving work of ECMC.
ECMCC is seeking proposals from public affairs firms to provide consulting services related to media and government relations, community outreach, and strategic planning for a variety of matters, including public policy issues that affect the hospital. The successful respondent will work collaboratively with ECMCC’s Vice President of Communications and External Affairs and be tasked with disseminating ECMCC’s message of medical excellence, high level of patient care, targeted capital improvements to support ECMCC’s continuing growth, and strengthening the hospital’s connection to the community that ECMCC serves. Additional focus will cover the continuing pursuit of collaborations with other healthcare providers and educational institutions to improve quality of care, teaching, research, and to reduce costs and create efficiencies.
Services to be provided:
- Strategy development, planning and executing communications to the media and opinion leaders and influencers.
- Advising ECMCC Executive Leadership on how to handle complex issues in the media and public in an acceptable way.
- Determining which media and communications methods should be utilized.
- Helping ECMCC Executive Leadership sift through day-to-day decisions and determining a strategy for messaging, while keeping a long-term focus that benefits ECMCC.
- Preparing expedient responses to community leaders and stakeholders; responding quickly and cogently to media inquiries; and planning ahead for all potential outcomes and scenarios related to events and decisions affecting the hospital.
Proposal due by Monday, August 15th to:
Erie County Medical Center Corporation
Attention: Sarina M. Rohloff
462 Grider Street – Room G-140 Buffalo, New York 14215