About The Michigan State Housing Development Authority
The Michigan State Housing Development Authority is seeking an organization to do media buying and perform advertising services for the government entity. The assignment includes to enhance its state and local promotions efforts, and requires assistance in performing functions that extend the Authority’s public relations and marketing capabilities.
The selected contractor will provide the Authority with services related to media/advertising account(s) management, planning, strategy, creative development, digital, public relations, social media, sponsorship assessment, media planning and media buying in order to accomplish the Authority’s marketing and communications objectives.
- Provide full service marketing and communications capabilities, including public and media relations.
- Provide national advertising and public relations services
- Possess in-house broadcast production abilities
- Demonstrate ability to consult/implement communications/marketing strategies to customer expectations.
- Demonstrate excellent print and web writing skills consistent with current editorial standards.
- Produce itemized monthly invoices including an executive summary reflecting work completed within the scope of work.
- Adhere to Authority work order process prior to beginning work.
- Demonstrate and maintain capacity to handle numerous simultaneous projects.
- Conduct research, present data, metrics and sources, and recommend direction.
Using Authority brand standards, the selected contractor will act as the lead advertising/media agency on behalf of the Authority. As part of this responsibility, the selected contractor will perform the following tasks and activities related to Media/Advertising, including:
- Provide creative and strategic account management focusing on the implementation and execution of:
- The Authority’s annual Homeownership campaign.
- “Point of View” analysis (POVs) for all media sales inquiries.
- Ongoing Legislative Conference support.
- Any approved initiatives, projects or campaigns developed during the term of an awarded contract.
- Fulfill account services responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for external clients and partners.
- Providing consultation, implementation and execution of communications and/or marketing campaigns.
- Provide strategic planning services, including but not limited to:
- Consulting on communications/marketing strategies.
- Analysis of performance and recommend optimizations.
- Leading research efforts and provide POVs.
- Developing creative briefs.
- Meet creative responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Idea development and execution.
- Homeownership campaign (make federally required compliance edits to creative), potentially including video spots, audio spots, static HTML5 banners, Facebook, Twitter ads and corresponding copy and other materials that fall within the scope of work as needed.
- Event Support
- Idea development and execution.
The selected contractor will provide the following services:
- Account Services.
- Serve as primary point of contact for clients and liaison for all partners.
- Provide consultation, implementation and execution of communications/marketing campaigns.
- Lead regular status meetings.
- Create and share performance, progress and Return On Investment reports.
- Billing and budget tracking.
- Strategic Planning.
- Ongoing strategic media counsel on marketplace and landscape
- Development of a long-term media plan strategy.
- Media Research.
- Target audience profile including demographics/psychographics.
- Media consumption habits and usage.
- Product usage and lifestyle characteristics.
- Digital services, including digital assets, performance analytics, paid social media, paid search, and other forms of digital advertising.
- Strategic media counsel on marketplace and landscape.
- Planning & Buying.
- Assess market potential and forecast delivery.
- Publisher analysis and selection.
- Negotiations and buy executions.
- POV’s (Opportunity, Background, Evaluation/Benchmark, Recommendation).
- Client Budget Reporting.
- Media authorization approvals and stewardship.
- Billing & discrepancies.
- Stewardship Plans & Buys.
- Digital Advertising.
- Digital measurement strategies and management.
- Digital warehouse consulting and management.
- Media analysis, reporting and learning cadence development and management.
- Public Media Relations including:
- Execute traditional media relations.
- Strategic planning/ongoing counsel.
- Editorial planning.
- Develop quarterly editorial calendars.
- Facilitate story mining sessions.
- Message development and training.
- Media training.
- Michigan media list creation/management/relationship building.
- Review, edit and write public relations material.
- Arrange and support interviews and deskside briefings.
- On-site event coverage support.
- Identify speaking opportunities.
- Provide social content recommendations.
Proposal due by July 22, 2016 to:
Michigan State Housing Development Authority c/o Procurement Office
735 E. Michigan Avenue
Lansing, Michigan 48912
Fax: (517) 241-8471
Finn Partners, Weber Shandwick and Racepoint Global have sizeable presences in Michigan.
Top Public Relations News:
UBS Cuts 10,000 Jobs, Stirs Social Media PR Crisis
5 Food & Beverage Brands Steadily Losing Ground
Porter Novelli Claims To Have Invented Social Media
New York State Fairground Seeking pr agency
Arianna Huffington’s Middle Ground: Print Media’s Utopia
BRANSON/LAKES AREA TOURISM ISSUES MARKETING RFP
Social Media RFP Issued By Purcellville Business Association
Cincinnati Airport Issues Marketing RFP
Jefferson County Public Schools Seeks Public Relations Agency
Auto PR: Who are the Top Automotive Public Relations Agencies