Marketing Research Services Sought For the Minnesota Lottery
The Minnesota Lottery creates and sells products that encourage Minnesotans to experience the fun, thrill, and excitement of gaming while knowing their entertainment dollars are supporting their community and the environment.
The Minnesota Lottery is known for its innovative market and policy research, and they believe that the knowledge gained from this research has been a critical factor in the ability to grow in a challenging marketplace.
They seek a market research firm that can work cooperatively with the lottery research and marketing staff to acquire and interpret the knowledge to create the right products and bring them to the right audience in the right way. They seek a partner who can also provide innovative methods to answer new questions. They seek a partner who can make sophisticated analysis understandable and relevant to those who are not research experts.
The Minnesota State Lottery, in operation since 1990, has a mission of offering “fun, innovative and secure games that provide responsible and ethical entertainment.” Twenty-four percent of Lottery sales are contributed to the State of Minnesota each year representing a major source of funding for the State and for important environmental causes as detailed on the “Where the Money Goes” page of our website (www.mnlottery.com).
SCOPE OF WORK
The Lottery seeks a research company that can take a leadership role and provide the following:
• Expertise and understanding of best practices for understanding the younger adult demographic segment (ages 25-44) and providing findings that can be applied to development of relevant and innovative marketing and product strategies.
• The ability to understand and measure the diversity within the lottery market in terms of demographics, motivations, beliefs, and perceptions not only as customers but as citizens.
• Expertise in the assessment of new products.
• Expertise in the evaluation of marketing communications.
• Knowledge of methods used to understand brand perception.
• The ability to clearly communicate findings to key decision makers.
The ideal company will be intimately familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research techniques. They will be eager to work as partners with an experienced lottery research team that is willing to innovate. They will be willing to learn the unique challenges facing the lottery industry but be able to provide insights from their experience with other types of business. Finally, they will know how to communicate the results from sophisticated methods to a non-technical audience and to make their findings clearly relevant to key decision makers.
PR firms with a Minnesota presence include Padilla-CRT.
Proposal Due Date no later than 2:00pm (Central) on February 22, 2017:
Minnesota State Lottery
2645 Long Lake Road
Roseville, MN 55113