The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) has issued a communications RFP to provide communications support related to cancer prevention and control and workforce considerations primarily within state health departments. The mission of NACDD is to improve the health of the public by strengthening the state-based leadership and expertise for chronic disease prevention and control in states and at the national level. NACDD’s mission is national in scope, but the reach of NACDD goes beyond state health departments into the communities and through its constituents working in tribal organizations, local health departments, universities, other non-profit organizations, and other representatives who have self-identified as part of the chronic disease prevention workforce.
Over time, the evidence-base for state public health policy and practice strengthens, and as a result, state health department roles can change to reflect current best-practice. NACDD needs effective communications, media, and marketing strategies around state public health’s vital work in cancer prevention and control to assist the organization in fulfilling its mission.
For this project, NACDD and its contractors will conduct a needs assessment of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Cancer Prevention and Control Program grantees and other relevant stakeholders to determine the programs’ specific communication needs for new identities, talking points and related communication tools for sharing their role and value in breast, cervical and colorectal cancer prevention and control. Subsequently, NACDD with its contractors, in collaboration with CDC, will develop and test appropriate products and messaging. This process will result in the development of a general communications plan and tools for CDC grantees to customize as they need to reach target audiences in their states.
Key Target Audiences
- State policy makers
- Health systems and other partners
- Providers and clinics
Needs Assessment and Development of Communications Concepts – Task 1:
- Conduct a needs assessment to aid in developing a general grantee communications plan that will include a new identity for both programs to help grantees in messaging efforts.
- Develop a communications plan to be fully adaptable by state programs.
- Development of a summary report presenting the conclusions and recommendations regarding the health communication concepts.
Product Development and Placement Strategies -Task 2:
- Develop content of messaging for grantees in support of a new breast and cervical and colorectal cancer program identities to be used in such tools as talking points and fact sheets, to include information about the evidence base for such roles.
- Develop and disseminate a minimum of four innovative strategic communication products to grantees to assist with their communication regarding the role and value of the Cancer Prevention and Control programs to the target audiences. Examples include:
- talking points
- fact sheets, infographics
- broadcast storyboards
- short videos; and
- internet-based messages for use by the target audience.
- Development of a new visual brand identity for the breast and cervical and colorectal cancer programs.
- With NACDD support, communicate with project dissemination external partners.
Other duties: Task 3:
- Attend a one day kick-off meeting in Tucson, AZ with key stakeholders
Proposal due by January 23:
National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
2200 Century Parkway, Suite 250
Atlanta, GA 30345
Phone (770) 458-7400
Top Public Relations News:
The Most Effective Digital Tools for Businesses
Norwalk Redevelopment Agency Issues Marketing RFP
Facebook Dips its Toes in Hot Water- Again
Did Horn Group Receive Zero Dollars From Finn Partners In Acquisition?
Eastport Holdings: On The Hunt To Buy Marketing Communications & PR Firms
My Corporate Cooking Class Experience
International Film Festival of India Seeks PR Firm For Bollywood
Drake University Students Make Plans to Turn Manning into a Popular Destination
News From Prosek Partners, MWW PR, Ogilvy & Mather & Cone Communications
Fallbrook Public Utility District Seeking New Internet Website