The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe is soliciting proposals from qualified businesses/individuals to give guidance and assistance to the Akwesasne Tourism Team with preparing local tourism businesses for visitation including market readiness training, activity/product development, pricing and marketing, Akwesasne, New York.
The Mohawk Territory, which started out as a tiny village, is a truly international community which is home to approximately 10,000 people. Located in northern-most New York State and literally bisected by the United States-Canada Border, the present territory, called Akwesasne, a Mohawk word for Land Where the Partridge Drums is divided into two separate federally recognized jurisdictions, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe and the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, and one traditional governing body encompassing all of Akwesasne, the Mohawk Nation Council of Chiefs.
Scope of Work:
The Group Tour Support and Development Consultant will give guidance and assistance to the Akwesasne Tourism Team with development and implementation of small group tours consistent with Akwesasne Tourism’s vision and mission including, but not be limited to, the following:
- Development of an itinerary and tourism package, pricing, contracting support and marketing;
- Facilitate and assist the Akwesasne Tourism team with initial “test tours”, FAM tours and further group tour development;
- Identify further gaps and needs for Akwesasne Tourism group tours and assist the Tourism Team with addressing these needs for the future Akwesasne DMMO (Destination Management & Marketing Organization);
- Consultant will utilize the past work of Akwesasne’s Cultural leaders, governing councils and the ATWG who have been engaging with the community during the development of the group tours and the programming should be in alignment with the goals for the ATSAP and all Akwesasne cultural protocols;
- Consultant should have strong relationships and knowledgeable contacts within the travel trade to assist in networking and relationship building for Akwesasne Tourism;
- Consultant should build relationships with local tour operators or travel trade/assist with B2B marketing activities as outlined in the Marketing Plan to Akwesasne Tourism Staff.
September 12, 2019
71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655 or via E-mail to:
Top Public Relations News:
SOCIAL MEDIA/MARKETING CAMPAIGN NEEDED BY WYOMING HEALTH
Will Carmelo move to Houston?
Regional Conservation Authority Western Riverside County Issues RFP For Media Relations Services
Special Ed in Social Media: Under-Represented?
10 Great Political World Communicators
Three Must See Social Media Shares
Basic Facts of Unsuccessful Negotiation Strategies
UNDP Seeks National Media Firm For Campaign on National Reconciliation in Libya
United Nations Commissioner for Refugees Issues Media Training RFP
Penis Toy puts the “d’oh” in Play-Doh