University of Texas at El Paso Issues Digital Marketing RFP
Through this Request for Proposal (“RFP”), the University is seeking a vendor to provide Digital Marketing Services for the Professional and Public Programs (P3) department of the University in accordance with the terms, conditions, and requirements set forth in this RFP. P3 is UTEP’s continuing education provider; details of programming areas are available at ppp.utep.edu. P3 has a vast selection of continuing education classes to further personal enrichment, professional development, and academic growth, regardless of age.
Founded in 1914, The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) is a vibrant top tier public research university of more than 25,000 students enrolled in 170 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Set against the backdrop of the Franklin Mountains in the Chihuahuan Desert, UTEP is located at the heart of the U.S.-Mexico border in one of the largest binational communities in the world. UTEP maintains one of the lowest out-of-pocket costs of any doctoral research university in the U.S., underscoring its commitment to making education accessible to all. Rigorous program and research opportunities help prepare students to make significant contributions to their professions, their communities, and the world. UTEP is designated as an R1 university (top tier doctoral university with very high research activity), one of only 130 in the country.
Scope of Work:
Contractor will provide the following services:
1. Planning and development of media strategy to determine resource allocation; provision of schedules for development and billing, and list of deliverables.
2. Search engine optimization (SEO) services:
- Enterprise Keyword Discovery: Volume, relevance, page/domain authority, opportunities to compete
- Competitive Landscape: Deep dives into brand strength, page/domain authority, types of pages, social engagement, on-page content, and SEO execution
- Technical SEO: Page load times, response headers, metadata, crawl friendliness, mobile optimization, faceted navigation
- Content Adjustments: Keyword relevance, search engine communication, content opportunities, content uniqueness, Universal Search (videos, image SEO)
- User Experience: Bounce rates, click-through rate (CTR), user engagement
- Internal Linking: Cross-linking, information architecture, page value distribution
- External Linking: Link authority, profile quality, frequency of linking
- Social Media: User engagement, content distribution, competitive landscape
3. Search engine marketing (SEM) including PPC (pay per click) and targeted display ads (include creative services):
- Google Search Engine Marketing or SEM (keywords plus display plus retargeting; demographic, contextual, interest and behavioral targeting)
- Mobile & Desktop Display: IAB standard sizes, creative (static & html5), targeting (BT, contextual, and/or geo)
- SEM continuing education-focused keywords
- In-feed native ads; contextual and/or geographic targeting
- Targeting/Retargeting display
4. Social media management:
- Post + monitor + optimize + manage all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Facebook advertising (website visits, page likes, clicks to the website and video views, and post engagement; demographic, behavioral, geographic and interest targeting plus retargeting)
5. Video production: Produce and disseminate video on various platforms to promote specific programs.
6. Ongoing services: Ongoing setup, implementation (including creative), optimization, monitoring, measurement, and regular reporting.
7. Other Details
- Service Provider will use a website created by the University to provide all services; this website will reside on a University server and appropriate access will be provided to Contractor to embed code and provide optimization and other services as needed.
- Service provider will work with the P3 staff for access/modification to the following:
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics (P3 already has an account)
June 12, 2019