The town of Bennington seeks to draw visitors from throughout the Northeast travel market to visit Bennington and to patronize its many cultural and recreational attractions, shops and galleries, lodging establishments, restaurants, and wedding providers. In year-1, the cornerstone of these efforts will be the launch of a tourism lure site along with ongoing digital marketing efforts to drive traffic to the site. By providing meaningful, visually appealing content, and promoting that content through SEO and digital marketing efforts,
A few years ago, the town received a grant to conduct branding work that resulted in a BENNINGTON Vermont Begins Here campaign. The surrounding campaign was primarily economic development focused and resulted in 3 high-quality videos, a printed lure brochure and the beginnings of economic development focused website that was created on SquareSpace. Due to staffing changes and a lack of focused funding the site was never fully built-out and no further promotional efforts were made.
In 2019, The Bennington Select Board recognized the need to designate focused marketing dollars into attracting tourism to Bennington. The Select Board voted to designate funding in the 2019/20 budget to support a plan to create a tourism lure site along with
Scope of Services
In order to establish a long-term working relationship with a partner, the deliverables are broken down into three categories: setup, ongoing marketing
· Build a WordPress website as specified in Exhibit A attached.
· Design and set up an email template for future mailers. Integrate Mailchimp list with the website for signups.
Ongoing Digital Marketing Support
· SEO management – All new content produced by town representatives should be optimized before publication. Estimate one blog post per month.
· Pay-per-click marketing – create and test ads and messaging across multiple channels
· Budget recommendations – agency should regularly advise on budget allocation for funds available for each of the following channels:
o Paid search text ads
o Social media ads and boosted posts (Facebook, Instagram)
o Google Display Network and YouTube
Proper Google Analytics tagging should be used for all campaigns for accountability, and event tagging should be set up to record micro conversions (i.e. email signup, return visits, engagement signals)
o Regular recommendations on split testing should be made, and analysis provided in monthly reports to show learnings and to discuss strategy.
Training and ad-hoc assistance – in addition to the above, applicants should provide an hourly rate for training and/or assistance with:
· Email creation, segmentation and tracking
· Social media account setup and training for organic posting and strategy
· Managing and publishing content in WordPress
· Reading and analyzing data in Google Analytics
Set Key Performance Indicators for analyzing digital marketing effort (i.e.
· NOT included in scope of work: photography procurement, directory content procurement, blog content procurement, influencer outreach, email content procurement, social posts, custom event calendar development, PR, logo development.
May 3rd 2019
Town of Bennington
Shannon Barsotti – Community Development Director
205 South Street, Bennington, Vermont 05201
Top Public Relations News:
Ogilvy Creates Branded Entertainment Marketing Solution
Public Relations Careers: Options, Job Titles, Descriptions
Curbside Is Here to Stay
Texas A&M University Issues RFP For Marketing, Advertising and Communications
Town of West New York Seeks Public Relations Agency
Amazon Offers Unlimited Streaming to Prime Members
News From Zeno Group, Adfactors, APCO and SKDKnickerbocker
How Will Businesses Control Employees Social Media Behavior
Should You Hire a PR Agency?
Marketing Agency Sought By Kentucky Unbridled Spirit