The Collier County (FLORIDA) Board of County Commissioners has issued an RFP for a firm to provide lobbying services on behalf of the Board of County Commissioners and the Collier County community in Tallahassee where they advocate positions of the county, monitor actions of the State of Florida Governor and Legislature, as well as other state agencies.
Provider shall perform the following services, including:
- A) Meet and work with County staff to recommend, review, critique and prioritize proposed legislative priorities ahead of the legislative sessions;
- B) Participate in presenting the proposed legislative priorities to the BCC;
- C) Devise and faithfully execute strategies that accomplish the legislative goals and priorities of the BCC;
- D) Monitor legislative activity that could materially impact Collier County and suggest the most effective approach in achieving the best outcome for the County;
- E) Provide written weekly updates during session on issues that are important to Collier County;
- F) Secure sponsors for bills and amendments that further the legislative goals and priorities of the County;
- G) Lobby for or against bills to achieve the legislative goals and priorities of the County;
- H) Coordinate and participate in meetings with individual lawmakers and County representatives;
- I) Engage the Governor’s Office and State agencies, as necessary, to achieve the goals and objectives of Collier County;
- J) Promptly notify the County’s Government Affairs staff of any potential or actual conflicts of interest arising from the lobbying firm’s legislative efforts;
- K) Monitor and report on the rulemaking process when it could potentially materially impact the County; and
- L) Aggressively pursue and report on the funding opportunities that would benefit Collier County.
August 21, 2017 to:
BRENDA BRILHART, PROCUREMENT STRATEGIST
PROCUREMENT SERVICES DIVISION
3295 TAMIAMI TRAIL EAST, BLDG C-2
NAPLES, FLORIDA 34112
TELEPHONE: (239) 252-8446
Top Public Relations News:
Epidemic PR: How Should the Media Cover the Coronavirus?
City of Dania Beach, Florida Issues Public Relations RFP
Lobbying RFP Issued By Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority
Spirit Airlines accused of forcing woman to flush hamster
Powerhouse Communications CEO Q & A
Pitching the Babe Ruth of Travel, Peter Greenberg
Public Relations Restructure at BBC Worldwide
A New Name For AOL: Good Business for the Future?
Personal Public Relations: Clothing & How To Dress for a Negotiation
Trump PR, J. Walter Thompson, Next 15 Updates & More