The legendary city of Compton, California is seeking a public relations firm with experience in internal and external communications, brand management and strategic partnerships to develop new efforts for strategic communication and public information.
The chosen company will work with the City Council to develop a comprehensive, and unified look, feel and style for public communications material produced and distributed by the City.
Table of Contents - Everything PR News
- Assist with the development of a City External and Internal Communication Plan which will include the future and overall goal of unifying communication materials in the City and provide innovative and current information on City services;
- serve as an additional public information officer for City messaging and new digital media communications (social media, online press interaction);
- Assist in developing design for communication materials across a range of media including print, electronic web-based and more;
- Develop content for external communication including memos, press releases and general public information content;
- Develop a City and employee newsletter.
The City of Compton is a vibrant suburban community with a growing population of approximately 100,000 residents. Located in the center of Los Angeles County, the City covers approximately 10.2 square miles and is centrally located within the boundaries of five freeways (SR-91, 1-105, 1- 710, 1-110 , and 1-40 5). Compton has a diversified economy, comprised of strong industrial and manufacturing sectors and thriving retail districts.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Media/Presentation Training to include Message Development.
- Earned Media Strategies (News Media and other PR strategies) provide the City of Compton with monthly news media support that includes the development of news stories that will be submitted to local and regional news media designed to advance City projects and initiatives and educate and inform the residents of Compton. In addition, the chosen firm will research, write and produce editorial content that will be submitted to local media for the same purpose. Other news media outreach includes the development of editorial board meetings and the writing and submission of opinion-editorial articles on behalf of city policymakers.
- Crisis Communications (Challenging News Media Coverage) provide crisis communications assistance to the City of Compton to manage challenging news media coverage.
- Digital Content Production (website, social media) produce digital content such as articles and photographs for publication on the City’s digital platforms such as the website and social media outlets including video production.
- Strategic Communications Support – provide strategic support for any communications projects, initiatives and campaigns designed to advance the City’s vision and mission.
- Assist as the point of contact for media inquires
- Manage all social media accounts for the City and implement best practices
- Coordinate media attendance and management at events
- Press Conference coordination including press material, press releases and social media postings
- Write/place external media copy including radio, television, and/or newspaper
- Develop an external and internal newsletter
Proposal due by November 15th, 2016 to:
Jerry G. Groomes,
Interim City Manager C/0 City Clerk
205 S Willowbrook Avenue.
Compton, CA. 90220