The County of Maui, Mayor’s Office of Economic Development (OED), desires a Marketing & Promotion Proposal for the Maui Friday Town Parties (MFTP). The proposed solution should include the existing assets: logos, website, facebook page and twitter account.
The MFTP are a series of community block parties bringing crafters, entrepreneurs, food vendors, entertainment, and activities for kids, all together in an eclectic evening of pure enjoyment. There is no entrance fee and all entertainment is free. Each Friday, one of Maui’s small towns – Wailuku (First Friday in the month), Lahaina (Second Friday), Makawao (Third Friday), Kihei (Fourth Friday) and Lanai ( Fifth Friday) takes its turn to combine business with entertainment, fun and good food. Different monthly themes keep the parties fresh. The OED works in partnership with community, business and government sectors to promote and nurture sustainable economic development within Maui County consistent with the community’s needs and priorities. OED is proud to support the MFTP. Each party is run by mostly volunteers in each town. It is important for the marketing plan to continue to promote the MFTP brand by using the existing logo(s). The website, facebook page and twitter account can all be used to build awareness and to promote the parties as well as all involved in each of the parties.
Scope of Work:
With a strict budget of $100,000 provide a marketing plan and proposal that will insure that all the MFTP have the most comprehensive exposure to the general public and visitor industry.
- Period of performance: Jan. 2, 2018 through Jan. 1, 2020.
- Must promote all 52 parties for each year of the performance period in multi-media formats.
- Must manage the mauifridays.com website (already created) to include monthly updates and new photos on activities for all 4 towns
- Must include Social Media marketing including but not limited to the blog, facebook, twitter etc.
- Must meet Quarterly with the Friday Town Parties Marketing Committee.
- Must meet or have phone contact with OED as needed.
- Interface with each town’s merchant and liaison to get current information about each party.
- Must provide OED monthly progress reports such as web analytics along with the social media reach including any press mentions.
- Solicit and maximize free press opportunities.
December 18, 2017
County of Maui
2145 Wells Street, Suite 104,
Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii, 96793
Agencies with strong tourism experience includes Hunter PR.
Top Public Relations News:
Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau Issues Public Relations RFP
City of Independence Seeks Branding Firm
Study Shows Preference for Physical Books Versus eBooks
Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers Seeks Communications Agency
Investor Education Centre Issues Social Media RFP
News from Genesis-Burson Marsteller, 360 Public Relations, Havas Formula, and FleishmanHillard
Facebook’s Graph Search: How It Impacts Your Privacy
Rasky Baerlein Strategic Communications: Changes & Updates: Biden, Christie & More
Trump PR, J. Walter Thompson, Next 15 Updates & More
Corporate Communication Challenges