Greenville, South Carolina Needs Government Relations
The City of Greenville, South Carolina is seeking a full service, bipartisan governmental relations firm, with offices in the Washington, DC area, to lead in the development and implementation of a federal relations strategy, as well as to represent the municipality in the process of securing federal grant/appropriations to assist in funding infrastructure, services, programs, and projects. The City also desires a firm that can build and maintain positive relationships with current Congressional and administrative officials, federal agencies, and their staffs and act as an advocate on legislation, regulations, and other issues that impact the City of Greenville at the federal level.
- Assist City staff and Council in preparing annual Legislative Agenda to address needs and concerns for Greenville. This would include:
- Meeting with Government Relations Manager, City and Deputy City Manager, Council, and other key City personnel, as needed, to outline an effective strategy for seeking appropriations.
- Provide strategic advice on trends in federal funding initiatives.
- Work to coordinate City’s federal priorities with the South Carolina Delegation’s abilities and jurisdiction.
- Determine federal funding opportunities through authorization legislation.
- Provide ongoing counsel and assistance with all grant and appropriations submissions within established deadlines and utilize the firm’s relationships to make appropriate contacts with elected and administration officials and agencies in pursuit of funding.
- Provide public relations counsel in the processing of any appropriations or grants secured for City projects.
- Enhance and improve opportunities for developing relationships with federal agencies.
- Identify and target federal agencies for funding based on the City’s strengths and existing relationships.
- Coordinate meetings between relevant federal officials and the City of Greenville to promote City’s federal priorities.
- Assist in creating strong message and presence with Congress and Executive Branch Agencies. It is anticipated that this would include arrangements for an annual visit to Washington, DC, by City of Greenville officials.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments and report to the City regarding these issues. Provide regular status reports to Government Relations Manager (could include site visits). Schedule at least a yearly visit to Greenville to update City Council, City Manager, Deputy City Manager, and City staff on progress and to formalize strategy for seeking future funding and legislation.
- Perform other related services as expected by governmental relations firm/liaison representing interests of the City of Greenville.
Proposal due on June 16th by 2pm to:
City Hall – Purchasing Division
206 South Main Street, 7th Floor
Greenville, South Carolina 29601
The City of Greenville, South Carolina has a population of over 61,000 people. Lou Hammond PR & French-West-Vaughan are prominent PR firms in South Carolina.