The Kenya Tourism Board intends to roll out a global online marketing campaign. To create a rich, impactful and memorable digital experience, content marketing will play a leading role for the successful implementation of this campaign across various digital environments.
- Increase awareness of Kenya as a place where consumers can make memories through the interaction with Kenya (tourism products and through interaction with people).
- Increase the awareness of Kenya as modern holiday destination where people have the convenience of modern life but can also connect with tourism products in a uniquely Kenya.
- Increase the awareness of the activities around Kenya’s main products (Wildlife, Beach, Sports and Culture).
- Increased awareness in the differentiating products in the destination including Scenic, Adventure, Specialist (Insect, Bird watching, Photography, Culinary), Water Sports, Golf, Health & Spa, Business Tourism & Night Life.
- Increased awareness of services available in the destination (various accommodation options, transportation
Kenya Tourism Board mandate as set out in the Tourism Act is to:
- Develop, implement and co-ordinate a national tourism marketing strategy;
- Market Kenya at local, national, regional and international levels as a premier tourist destination
- Identify market needs and advise tourism stakeholders on the tourism market trends; and
- Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the object and purpose for which the Tourism Board is established.
Online marketing is increasingly becoming more complex by the day as a result of more channels to choose from, constantly evolving technology, the need for more specialized expertise and increased competition. This informs the decision to engage a Digital Agency to work with KTB to create rich, impactful and memorable digital experiences aimed at driving the inbound effect, a conversion starter leaning towards a sophisticated digital experience for Kenya.
The successful agency will also be responsible for Brand/Product Strategy Development:
- Facilitate the process of the development of digital brand strategies in line with the KTB corporate strategic plan 2012 – 2018 and around the Vision 2030.
- Develop relevant and comprehensive Digital Marketing strategies for KTB (Corporate) and the Magical Kenya (Destination Brand)
- Propose a Digital Marketing Strategy for implementation through to June 2020
Strategic Brand Management
- Enhancement of the stakeholder engagement process through digital channels
- Identification and capitalization of strategic partnerships; within and beyond the tourism/travel sector
- Raise the awareness of Kenya Tourism Board and MagicalKenya; its activities, products and Services through digital media
- Conduct a Digital Communication analysis for KTB and Kenya’s Tourism
Creative Digital Marketing Concept Development
- Covering Corporate, marketing and brand (product) for the domestic and international market
- Raise the public profile of KTB and Kenya’s Tourism among identified audiences
Digital Media Strategy including Media Monitoring, Planning and Buying
- For the domestic and International (where required) markets
- Inform strategy based on the brief for placement of digital media for Corporate, Thematic, Brand/Product and Consumer Promotions
- Continuous interaction with the KTB and facilitation of work from client brief to creative implementation
- Regular updates to management and the marketing team through regular status meetings.
Proposal due by February 23rd to:
Kenya Tourism Board
P.O. Box 30630 – 00100
Tel: (020) 2711 262/2749 000