Prince Edward Island Issues Tourism Marketing RFP
Prince Edward Island has issued an RFP for tourism Marketing Management Services. Over the past several years, Tourism Prince Edward Island has successfully moved away from a traditional centralized full-service agency model and employs an account management service model, where it contracts one company for account management services, who in turn, sub-contracts all other necessary services such as creative, PR event activations, advertising, sales and media buying services. This allows Tourism PEI to find the best fit for each of the individual services. This RFP seeks to find the proponent best qualified to undertake the provision of tourism marketing and travel trade account management services, using this model.
Prince Edward Island is Canada’s smallest province with a population of approximately 144,000 and is located on Canada’s East Coast. Though it may be small in size, Prince Edward Island is incredibly abundant in stunning sceneries (rich red soil, rolling hills, beautiful ocean views), outdoor activities, culinary delights, cultural product, friendly people and authentic experiences. Its size is one of this island’s greatest assets – you are never far away from your next adventure!
Tourism PEI is responsible for building awareness of Prince Edward Island as a vacation destination and generating visitation both in domestic and foreign markets through effective and efficient advertising campaigns. Tourism revenues represent over 6% of the Province’s GDP. In comparison, tourism for Canada represents approximately 2% of GDP.
Scope of Work:
Tourism PEI seeks to secure the services of an account management services company to administer their annual advertising campaigns. Account management services means services including: Familiarizing themselves with the business of Tourism PEI; developing an in-depth knowledge of the markets in which Tourism PEI operates and analyzing the present and potential marketing and communications opportunities available to Tourism PEI;
- Reviewing and analyzing local, regional, national and international research to recommend best strategies and practices for creative development and overall direction for marketing Prince Edward Island to key target markets;
- Developing marketing and communications plans, budget estimates and strategies based on Tourism PEI’s objectives; relate such plans and strategies to measurable objectives to determine overall effectiveness; and assist in developing cost-effective marketing objectives and strategies, if requested by Tourism PEI, and shall prepare written marketing, advertising and promotional plans;
- Working with the Director of Marketing and team to lead and deliver in the RFP process for the selection of sub-contracted companies for marketing services, as required;
- Through sub-contracts, providing optimal media planning and buying services and arrange on behalf of Tourism PEI for the purchase and delivery of advertisements, broadcast material, media advertising and other marketing materials as required by Tourism PEI;
- Through sub-contracts, ensuring development and delivery of effective creative for its Marketing Campaign;
- Through sub-contracts, arranging for successful public relations and social media campaigns to promote Prince Edward Island as a primary tourism destination;
- Through sub-contracts, arranging, on behalf of Tourism PEI, for photography, illustrations, printing, display construction, props, talent and where applicable models, “on-air” talent or special “celebrity” talent and other things as required by Tourism PEI in connection with its Marketing Campaign;
- Facilitating working group meetings and weekly status meetings with all marketing partners;
- Working with Destination Canada, Atlantic Canada Tourism Partnership and TPEI’s international in-market representative(s), to ensure delivery of components of the international marketing plan;
- Working on joint initiatives with the tourism industry of Prince Edward Island;
- Managing budgets pertaining to sub-contracts for marketing services, including dispersing funds for payments to all sub-contractors and any other related marketing expenses. Budgets must be reported by calendar year, fiscal year and contract year, as requested by the Tourism PEI team;
- Verifying that the billings from the subcontractors are consistent and accurate with the services rendered and invoice Tourism PEI for said amounts;
- Developing and coordinating post campaign evaluation in cooperation with Tourism PEI to maximize the measurement tools available;
- Providing administration, communication and coordination of all sub-contractor activities and campaign components;
- Ensuring all purchases it is required to make on behalf of Tourism PEI are at the most favourable rates available;
- Coordinating with Tourism PEI’s Director of Marketing and team to endeavour to make the marketing campaign effective;
- Providing for direct supervision of Tourism PEI’s account and be available for consultation at all reasonable times;
- Providing easily accessible administrative support for the account;
- Providing scheduled performance reports of marketing activities as agreed upon between the Consultant and Tourism PEI;
- Developing and implementing communication plans to ensure all sub-contractors, Tourism PEI and the Consultant are informed of relevant information pertaining to strategic marketing direction.
- Acting as the primary brand manager for the Prince Edward Island Tourism brand and identify and ensuring consistency in campaign components and messaging across all media channels.
July 20, 2017
95 Rochford Street
2nd Floor South, Shaw Building
PO Box 2000, Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
PR firms in Canada include Ketchum PR and Burson-Marsteller.