The County of San Diego, California has issued an RFP for “Community Based Social Marketing Services.” The Department of Public Works, Watershed Protection Program, requires assistance with the development, implementation, and assessment of Community-Based Social Marketing (CBSM) campaigns that seek to change target behaviors currently impacting surface water quality throughout the County’s watersheds. CBSM is a research- driven approach that identifies barriers and motivations at the outset of the program, and then uses psychological principles of behavioral change to directly target variables that encourage or inhibit action.
- Identify behaviors associated with high threats to water quality to focus outreach efforts among unincorporated County of San Diego residents.
- Promote appropriate pet waste management among dog owners in the unincorporated areas of the County of San Diego.
- Identify an effective method to inform Commercial/Industrial Property Owners, Residential Property Management Companies, and Homeowners of their stormwater protection responsibilities.
- To assess high school students’ change in knowledge, awareness, and behavioral intent about stormwater pollution after participating in the watershed presentation and activities.
- To assess elementary school student’s knowledge, awareness, and behavioral intent about stormwater pollution after participation in the Splash Lab.
TARGET POPULATION AND GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Target Population: Contractor shall provide the services described herein to the residents, commercial, and industrial businesses within the unincorporated areas located within San Diego County.
- Geographical/Regional Services Area(s): Contractor shall provide services to the following watersheds:
- Santa Margarita
- San Luis Rey
- San Dieguito
- San Diego River
- Mission Bay
- Pueblo San Diego
- San Diego Bay
- Tijuana River
- Unincorporated areas in San Diego County
GENERAL ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
Proposal due by January 13th, 2017
The County of San Diego
Department of Purchasing and Contracting
5560 Overland Avenue, Suite 270
Conference Room B, San Diego, CA 92123
Allison PR & J Public Relations maintain PR offices in San Diego.
Top Public Relations News:
Smallville Actress Charged in Sex Trafficking Sting
PR News From M Booth, Edelman & APCO
McAfee Apologizes for PC Screw Up. Is It Enough?
Marquet Media Feature Interview
How to use emotional marketing online
BREAKING NEWS: Calysto Partners with Compass Intelligence
Fixing the News Problem in Canada
WINCHESTER REGIONAL AIRPORT (OKV) ISSUES MARKETING RFP
MARKETING RFP ISSUED BY CITY OF GARLAND
TripAdvisor gets negative press for its handling of sexual assault claims