The County of San Diego, California has issued an RFP for “Community Based Social Marketing Services.” The Department of Public Works, Watershed Protection Program, requires assistance with the development, implementation, and assessment of Community-Based Social Marketing (CBSM) campaigns that seek to change target behaviors currently impacting surface water quality throughout the County’s watersheds. CBSM is a research- driven approach that identifies barriers and motivations at the outset of the program, and then uses psychological principles of behavioral change to directly target variables that encourage or inhibit action.
- Identify behaviors associated with high threats to water quality to focus outreach efforts among unincorporated County of San Diego residents.
- Promote appropriate pet waste management among dog owners in the unincorporated areas of the County of San Diego.
- Identify an effective method to inform Commercial/Industrial Property Owners, Residential Property Management Companies, and Homeowners of their stormwater protection responsibilities.
- To assess high school students’ change in knowledge, awareness, and behavioral intent about stormwater pollution after participating in the watershed presentation and activities.
- To assess elementary school student’s knowledge, awareness, and behavioral intent about stormwater pollution after participation in the Splash Lab.
TARGET POPULATION AND GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- Target Population: Contractor shall provide the services described herein to the residents, commercial, and industrial businesses within the unincorporated areas located within San Diego County.
- Geographical/Regional Services Area(s): Contractor shall provide services to the following watersheds:
- Santa Margarita
- San Luis Rey
- San Dieguito
- San Diego River
- Mission Bay
- Pueblo San Diego
- San Diego Bay
- Tijuana River
- Unincorporated areas in San Diego County
GENERAL ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
Proposal due by January 13th, 2017
The County of San Diego
Department of Purchasing and Contracting
5560 Overland Avenue, Suite 270
Conference Room B, San Diego, CA 92123
Allison PR & J Public Relations maintain PR offices in San Diego.
Top Public Relations News:
State of Michigan Issues Marketing and Advertising Services RFP
16 PR Firms We Recommend: 5WPR, J Public Relations, IMRE & More…
Tina Turner as Alive as Ever
Andrew Hawkins Leaving Crains New York
International Public Relations Conference in Abu Dhabi
Remy and Minaj Still Beefing
Top 5 PR Firms in Thailand
Whats New: Public Relations News Summaries
Publix Super Markets Is Seeking Crisis PR Firm
Digital Marketing RFP Issued By College