The North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, NC State Fair Division, is seeking proposals from qualified advertising agencies or media buying agencies to develop a comprehensive media program for the 2018
N.C. State Fair. The scope of services includes: development of an advertising plan, placement of advertisements in media (television, radio, print, digital and out of home) and distribution of advertisements to media.
The annual State Fair occurs in October and is one of the largest 11-day fairs in North America. It draws more than 900,000 patrons annually. The Fair boasts an extreme variety of entertainment for all ages including: amusements, horticulture, agriculture and livestock exhibits and competitions, horse shows, free grounds entertainment, crafts, history and other special exhibits.
The advertising contract for the State Fair was last bid in 2015. The awarded amount was $660,000/year for a one-year contract with two optional years in one-year increments. The Department elected to exercise the optional years. The budget was increased in both 2016 and 2017.
Media placement for the 2017 N.C. State Fair was distributed as follows: Television: 32.3%
Out of Home: 12.7%
Scope of Work:
- Vendor should apply adequate market research to develop an overall media buying plan for the N.C. State Fair, categorized by suggested campaigns that will increase paid admission. This will include possible trade opportunities with placement implications.
2. Vendor will meet in person to present this plan to the N.C. State Fair marketing team prior to any media buys being placed.
3. Vendor will be required to field all calls/emails from account executives reaching out to the N.C. State Fair for placement of advertising.
4. Vendor will submit, in writing, a calendar of deadlines for all placements. This will include ad specifications, deadline and placement date subcategorized by campaign in the media buying plan.
5. Vendor will be on-site, if needed, during the N.C. State Fair to assist in any special promotions that are part of the media buying plan.
6. At the conclusion of the N.C. State Fair, vendor will develop a post-action plan and debriefing for the N.C. State Fair with metrics on that year’s media buying plan. Debriefing should include suggestions for amendments to the next year’s plan.
March 28th, 2018
NCDA&CS Purchasing Attn: Mike Brendle
1001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1001
Top Public Relations News:
What’s Happening at Lippe Taylor, HomeAway, and WeWorks
Pikes Peak Community College Seeks Advertising Agency
What PR Pros Anticipate in 2020’s Crisis Communication
Lincoln, California Issues Video RFP
LineVision Inc. Seeks Ongoing Public Relations Support
Facebook acquires Blockchain firm
Hotwire PR, Kite Hill PR, Karbo Communications and Other PR Industry News
Florida Department of Environmental Protection Issues Media Services RFP
Wonder Woman named UN “ambassador” amid protests