United Nations Lebanon Issues Communications RFP
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the United Nations’ global development network operated in Lebanon via Live Lebanon, one of UNDP Lebanon’s local development projects operated under the Social and Local Development Program. Its primary objective is to bridge local development needs throughout the country with expatriate resources.
Live Lebanon has adopted various projects that have been developed through a national call for project proposals.
Scope of Work
In the framework of the “Live Lebanon” initiative, the Communication expert should achieve the following results:
- Support the initiative in marketing the projects to be funded and ongoing projects
- Support in any media related aspect of the initiative
- Provide necessary support in campaigning the events and projects for Live Lebanon
The following tasks are requested to fulfill the above mentioned scope of work.
- Provide necessary support to development a comprehensive communication strategy and ensure adequate follow up in the implementation of its various components and aspects
- Collect, compile and consolidate knowledge base material to be used for various purposes i.e. newsletters, website, leaflets, reports, websites, speeches, social media, etc;
- Responding to media requests and drafting press releases, reports, editorials and letters.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of major public relations, public awareness, fundraising activities, campaigns, conferences and events
- Monitoring the media on daily basis and writing analysis reports
- Draft/edit/review reports, press releases, articles, stories, speeches
- Support to Elaborate the content of Live Lebanon’s website
- Follow up and monitor the elaboration of communication messages by the supported projects
- Contribute to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned and success stories
- Contribute to translation of material and documents mainly speeches, press releases, informative leaflets, etc..
- Contribute to and follow up with software developers in relation to various communication tools and platforms (i.e. website, online surveys, software, applications, etc.)
- Undertake additional tasks as required.
Proposal due by December 27th, 2016
UNDP Lebanon Procurement Unit
Arab African International Bank Building
Third Floor, Room # 310
Riad El Solh Street, Nejmeh, Beirut 2011 5211, Lebanon
Telephone: + 961 1 962 500
Fax: + 961 1 962 491
Weber Shandwick and Porter Novelli are among the firms who operate in Lebanon via affiliates.