The New York State Department of Health (“Department or DOH”) is seeking competitive proposals from marketing and/or public relations agencies to provide creative media and marketing services.
NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace (NYSOH or Marketplace), authorized by the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA), was established in April 2012 by Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order Number 42. NYSOH has successfully increased the affordability and accessibility of health insurance coverage in New York. As of January 31, 2017, more than 3.6 million residents were enrolled in coverage, representing nearly 1 in 5 New Yorkers. This increase in coverage has resulted in a historic decline in uninsured rates from 10 to 5 percent between 2013 and 2016.
In 2016, New York launched the Essential Plan under the Affordable Care Act’s Basic Health Program option. The Essential Plan makes comprehensive coverage even more affordable for lower-income New Yorkers. As of January 31, enrollment in the Essential Plan reached 665,324, an increase of 75 percent in just one year. Additional information about NY State of Health including demographic data can be found here: https://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov/2017openenrollmentreport.
Scope of Work:
- Develop a public relations plan for NYSOH for periods during the contract term.
- Develop strategic message concepts for NYSOH.
- Develop material designs for use in NYSOH consumer education materials, including but not limited to, fact sheets and posters.
- Develop content, including but not limited to infographics and videos, for use by the NYSOH program in presentations and on the website, with the goal of promoting enrollment through NYSOH.
- Plan and execute NYSOH awareness and enrollment special events, statewide.
- Provide consultation to NYSOH on tasks including, but not limited to, crisis management messaging and media strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the messages/concepts developed and enrollment events.
Elizabeth Wood Bureau of Contracts
New York State Department of Health
Corning Tower, Room 2827
Albany, New York 12237
Top Public Relations News:
The Pros and Cons of Automating Tweets
Dry Max PR Goofs: Pampers Attempts to Buy Trust
Upcoming PR Trends
Marketing Your Legal Company
New Label challenges long-held allergy warnings
Southern Illinois University is seeking a PR & marketing company
State University of New York Issues Advertising RFP
Barbour Griffith & Rogers Hired By Sharia-Linked Hotels
NORTH DAKOTA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH ISSUES MEDIA RFP
Everything-PR Q & A With Dick Grove – CEO INK Inc. Public Relations