The Allegheny County Airport Authority, hereinafter called “ACAA” is seeking the services of a qualified firm for professional strategic marketing communications / creative design services.
The Allegheny County Airport Authority is governed by a Board of Directors appointed by the Allegheny County Chief Executive, and operates two premier airports including Pittsburgh International (PIT) and Allegheny County Airports (AGC) that serve the Pittsburgh region. The Airport Authority employs approximately 460 people consisting of both bargaining unit and non-bargaining unit employees. It is a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity by investing in its employees, customers, airlines and partners. Its vision is to transform Pittsburgh’s airports to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry and advance the region’s role as a world leader.
Pittsburgh International Airport serves more than 8 million passengers annually on 15 carriers. During the past two years, the airport has increased its nonstop destinations more than 80 percent to include 68 airports. Air Transport World named Pittsburgh International its 2017 Airport of the Year. Travel + Leisure has again named Pittsburgh International a Top 10 Domestic Airport in 2017. In addition, TripAdvisor ranked Pittsburgh International Airport a Travelers’ Choice Favorite for Shopping in 2016.
With the help of a marketing and communications firm, the Authority, PIT and AGC underwent a rebranding process in 2016 to better reflect the growth and dynamism the organization was experiencing. This new identity and messaging was then populated across a variety of marketing and communications tools and channels to help support efforts at, in addition to other ongoing goals and objectives:
- Increasing the number/frequency of nonstop routes served to/from PIT
- Increasing the number of airlines serving PIT
- Improving the customer service experience
Scope of Work
The Allegheny County Airport Authority is seeking the professional services of a qualified firm to provide strategic integrated marketing communications and creative design services. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Continued Brand Building
- Advertising*: Development, conceptualization, fulfillment and measurement and evaluation of campaigns
- Social Media Strategies
- Direct Marketing Campaigns
- Collateral Material Design and Production
NOTE: For advertising, you may be working with another firm that provides the Authority’s paid media planning/buying.
The proposing entity should:
- Have demonstrated experience with integrated marketing and communications
- Exhibit outstanding creative in visual design
- Be strategic in terms of helping to achieve the goals/objectives of the organization through that
- Be creative in strategy as well as in visual
Marketing Allegheny County Airport Authority Landside Terminal, 4th Floor Mezz.
PO Box 12370
Pittsburgh, PA 15231 porourke@FlyPittsburgh.com