The Commissioners of Carroll County are seeking firms best qualified to market these attributes to prospective residents. Possible deliverables could include: logo, catch phrase, slogan, etc… The selection process will be a two-step process.
The first step will require vendors to submit Statement of Qualifications outlining the following criteria:
– Experience in marketing similar entities.
– Demonstrate knowledge of the local market in general and Carroll County specifically.
Carroll County, Maryland is a 452 square mile area that lies 31 miles northwest of Baltimore and 56 miles north of Washington D.C. It is one of the seven jurisdictions that define the Baltimore metropolitan area. The County seat is Westminster and includes seven other incorporated towns. The Commissioners of Carroll County are looking for Marketing Firms best capable of creating a marketing campaign that attracts new residents, businesses and visitors to the County. The current budget for this project is $50,000 for the fiscal year ending on June 30, 2018.
Carroll County has many quality of life attributes that are attractive to the relocation targets:
- Top 5 in U.S. in Agricultural Preservation Commitment (70,000 acres/100,000 acres)
- # 2 Lowest Unemployment Rate in Maryland (3.2%)
- Carroll County Public Schools Rankings
o #1 High School Graduation Rate
o #1 Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
o #1 Math in Grades 3-10
o Lowest Dropout Rate
- #3 for Maryland County Health Ranking
- In top three for safest counties in Maryland
- $18 M Carroll Broadband Infrastructure investment
- Increasing Commercial/Industrial Growth
- Carroll’s high Median Household Income – $84,887
- Excellent Quality of Life
- Home of The Maryland Wine Festival®
Bureau of Purchasing
Carroll County Government
225 North Center Street, Rm213
Westminster, MD 21157