PR professionals with solid background in traditional public relations along with those just being initiated to the field looking for an introductory course on writing and distributing social media news releases are invited to “The basics: How to produce a social media news release”, a PR Daily webinar featuring Shel Holtz, held on September 1st.
As recent research shows that both reporters and editors prefer social media releases to traditional ones and they tend to pick them up and cover them more often, PR professionals need to learn how to and expand their use of social media news releases.
Shel Holtz will be introducing the audience to social media news releases with the help of numerous examples and step-by-step instructions on how content should be tagged, on how to properly distribute news releases to social media channels and outlets and much more.
The webinar will cover the origins of the social media release, while explaining its components and offering valuable tips on how to get the releases noticed by online reporters and bloggers. Attendees will lear:
- The core elements of a social media release (including how to tag and get the most out of your release)
- How to distribute a release that can’t move over the wire to social media outlets
- The pros and cons of DIY social media release services
- Why tagging is a vital element of the social media release
- The growing importance of the social media newsroom
As a special addition, Todd Defren, CEO of SHIFT Communications and creator of the Social Media News Release template, will join Shel for a 15-minute interview segment. For more information and to register for the webinar, visit its dedicated PR Daily page.