Britney Spears’ first appearance in three years on the “Late Show with David Letterman” was definitely a refreshing experience for the American public, and for all her international fans who watched the video recording of the event on YouTube.
A list of “Top Ten what ifs” if Britney Spears were President showed a funny, witty girl, (un)dressed in a black swimsuit, and wearing a red hibiscus in her hair. The number one way the US would be different if Britney were president is a winner for this PR: “finally the media would pay some attention to me.”
Well, this appearance, trivial as it was, definitely shows that Britney still has the making of a star. Her public behavior disappointed the fans in the past, and the outfit she chose for the show this time is no proof that the singer will ever cjange her “wild” temperament. But an entertainer’s life will always be controversial – there will always be a smart-ass media guru picking on any celebrity, no matter the circumstances. A star has no private life – the constant attention of the public drives many of these people on roads they wouldn’t step on otherwise. The stars are the people who entertain us, despite all negative reviews – and if you watch the video above there is only one thing you can say: it is entertaining.
Britney’s “Top Ten Ways the Country Would Be Different if Britney Spears Were President” list reveals a lot about her personality, but it also says a lot about her public and the way she is perceived by the media. She is the girl who forgot her clothes at a party, she is only interested in fun, makeup and flagrances, and she craves attention:
- 10. I’d be the first president to wear eye shadow since Nixon.
- 9. We would only invade fun places, like Cabo.
- 8. Free pie for everybody!
- 7. My situation room would be a cabana at the Palms Casino in Las Vegas.
- 6. I’d lure Osama out of hiding with the irresistible scent of my new fragrance “Circus Fantasy.”
- 5. Every presidential news conference would feature costume changes.
- 4. America might have a more coherent fiscal strategy.
- 3. Challenge U.S. to put a nightclub on the Moon by the end of the decade.
- 2. Three words: Vice President Diddy
- 1. Finally the media would pay some attention to me!
This appearance is a strong PR comeback for the star, who was once the favorite of the media.
Rogers & Cowan is the PR firm for Britney Spears.