The University of Victoria (UVic), is seeking a PR firm to provide public relations services for Gustavson School of Business.
The University of Victoria (UVic), one of Canada’s leading comprehensive research universities, is a rich and supportive learning community for students and faculty alike. Widely recognized for leadership in research, inspired teaching and community engagement, UVic provides innovative undergraduate and graduate programs for over 20,000 students. Internationally recognized research at UVic spans the basic and applied sciences through to the fine and performing arts with recognized strengths in areas such as global change and sustainability, society and health, oceans and climate, and indigenous and cultural studies.
Scope of Work:
- Build strong relationships with media outlets (locally, nationally and internationally) through ongoing outreach to members of the media
- Build Gustavson’s reputation amongst media outlets (locally, nationally and internationally) as experts in our faculty’s fields of research and scholarship through ongoing outreach to members of the media
- Build Gustavson’s reputation amongst media outlets (locally, national and internationally) as leaders in business education curriculum development and delivery through ongoing outreach to members of the media
- Increase Gustavson’s presence in local, national and international media sources (print, broadcast, digital)
- Write Media Releases and Backgrounders
- Pitch stories to media outlets (local, national, international)
- Respond to media requests
- Arrange media interviews for Gustavson spokespeople
- Provide on-site media contact at announcements, events, etc. in locations outside the Greater Victoria area
- Provide on-site PR support person for Gustavson spokespersons at announcements, events, etc. in locations outside the Greater Victoria area
Community Strategic Relationships
- Increase Gustavson’s exposure and access to the broader community – business, non-profits, NGO’s, etc. – to help increase awareness of the Business School, increase its reputation as a teaching and research leader and a leader in business education
- Leverage existing agency connections and/or build relationships with potential community partners for Gustavson based on opportunities for joint initiatives on shared areas of interest and expertise
- Initiatives could include activities such as consulting projects, co-hosted events, conferences, guest speakers introductions, panel discussions, joint projects, and etc.
September 8, 2017.
Shift Communications is owned by a Canadian holding company.
Top Public Relations News:
Needle Gets $10.5 Million Series B Funding
Michael Sitrick Book Review: When Your Reputation Is on the Line
SUNY Ulster Issues Marketing RFP
Northwest Regional Council Issues Marketing RFP
Media Partners to Promote the Big Bad Ball
United Nations Capital Development Fund Issues Digital Media RFP
Marketing RFP Issued By Town of Southington
PR in a post-GDPR world
The Brain Tree Aims to Be Facebook for Research
DIGITAL MEDIA AGENCY NEEDED IN BRAZIL